Sunday, January 7, 2007

Fun Idea and a Little Drama

Yesterday we went to meet the girls new primary teachers. Yes, Abby too! She is a sunbeam! I can't believe my baby is 3! Our ward has a tradition (that dates back to who knows when) that on the 1st Saturday of the year the whole primary meets at the church for a pancake breakfast and the kids get to meet their new teacher. What a great idea!!!! The best part is they had tables set up for each class with their new teacher and games waiting for them! So fun!! Plus everyone comes in their pajamas! The girls were a little scared at first since we haven't ever done this before, but they warmed up soon enough. They not only got to meet their new teacher, but all the kids that will be in their class. I think it was very helpful since today we only had one melt down in primary and it was Abby. oops. She is the youngest child in the whole primary so I guess it's o.k. Here are some pictures:

As for the rest of the weekend, it was pretty low key. Tom has gotten the horrible cold that I have been battling for the past 2 weeks. No fun! Tonight we realized that Cassidy's newly pierced ears were infected and we had a HUGE drama getting those cleaned out. Girls......they are the drama aren't they??? i unfortunately have no tolerance for a low pain threshold so I get impatient. I need to work on that. I guess having arthritis for 20 years will do that to you. Her ears are fine for now. It was a big lesson for her and us. We need to be able to give our kids responsibility but how much? It was her job to clean her ears night and day. We reminded her and new she was doing it. I guess an 8 year old just isn't old enough to know how to clean ears. Lesson learned: give children responsibility, but allow for a little parental involvement. It's a fine line, I guess that's why the oldest child always is the Guinea pig.

No comments: