Monday, January 1, 2007

The Start of a New Year

Happy 2007! Last night Tom and the girls and I had fun at home. This was a 1st in a long time since Tom's mom usually takes the kids for a New Years Eve sleepover (that's tonight instead). Since the Paces and the Anderson's decided to ditch us this year for family and NYC (like I can compete with that!)we went out of our comfort zone and invited two families from the ward over. It turned out to be very fun as we sat around telling stories of burning down our houses when we were young, crazy dating experiences we had and how we loved going to the singles ward. Fun times! All the kids had someone their own age to play with so we didn't see much of them. It was very low key, relaxing and to tell the truth fun.

I am excited about this new year. I think I did a pretty good job of surviving 2006. A lot happened and even though it was very hard beginning of the year, I have to say the experiences made me stronger as challenges often do. I am looking forward to 2007 and hope I can wave some type of magic wand to keep the challenges to a minimum. Wouldn't that be nice?!

I thought I would end today's post with a positive five favorite things from 2006

1. Watching Abby turn from a toddler to a funny, spunky, sweet hearted, very smart, talkative and dancing 3 year old. What a difference one year can make! We have seen a small glimps into her personality and I am looking forward to have that personality come to life this year! She is one to keep me on my toes that's for sure!!!! I'm lucky to have my "little shadow".

2. Having a cool (as in temperature) summer, even thought it was hot outside. Our air conditioner and swimming pool made the summer the best one I have had in Arizona! I now get why so many people have pools.

3. I love that Cassidy is becoming so confidant. She has always had so much trouble dealing with new situations, places and people. She has overcome many different hard challenges this year with a happy confidant smile on her face. My favorite comment this year was, "school is so fun!" It makes my heart full to see her growing and becoming who she will be in the future. Eight IS great!

4. Can I be worldly here for a minuet? I love my car I got for my birthday last January and I love my new ring I got for my anniversary. I love that Tom treats me like a Queen and that we have such a strong friendship/relationship. He's my best friend even (if I don't see him very much.)

5. My last favorite thing is friends. I am so thankful to have such good friends. I couldn't live without Mindy and Monica. They are my sisters from another mister. They have helped me in more ways than I can count and made me a much better person than I was without them.
I also love all my book club girls who makes the 2nd Thursday of the month my favorite day! There's something about a group of women getting together that makes you feel like you can concor the world.
I have been blessed with many friends near and far (PA and NC, CO and OH) and I am thankful for each of them and the role they play in my life. I am who I am because of their examples and words of encouragement. Thank you!

I do want to add one more - my brothers. I am thankful for my brothers. Without them I would not have gotten through this year and all the holidays. They are fun and uplifting and I think we have become closer and more dependant on each other. I guess that's what happens when you don't have parents anymore. I always wanted a sister, but I'm glad I didn't have one. My brothers can't be compared to and I hope I am worthy of them.













There are a lot of other great things about 2006 but I said I would only list five and even then I went over! I am excited to "blog" and keep record of 2007 so I can look back and be as thankful next year as I am of this year!

No comments: