Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Very Busy Week so Far!

This has been a crazy week! I can't believe it's Wednesday AND the end of January. Where does the time go? It's just flying by and I need to be better at using that time more wisely!

Monday, I was very productive and finished 2 projects that have been hanging over my head. The 1st was a framed magnet board for Cassidy's room. (the picture above) I thought it turned out rather well. She helped of course and I finished while she was at school. It's now hanging in her room ready for her to display something. The 2nd was some hair bands for Abby's hair. I have had the ribbon but just haven't taken the time to make them. They were easy and I will make a few more with the extra ribbon in my ribbon box. It's a good way to use up scraps. I just tied ribbon onto a hair rubber band and wha-lah! Cuteness!
So since I did that on Monday, (and tended Garrett and Zac)I didn't feel like doing the laundry. Tuesday was spent cleaning and pre-school and getting Callen's "get-well bag" He was sick on his birthday! We all felt so bad for him. I also went and got a massage last night at 9pm. Boy did I sleep GOOD!!! However, still no laundry. I better go sort it right now while I'm thinking about it -yuck!
Today was spent working in Cassidy's class which by the way was so fun! I should have been an art teacher. I'm not an artist by any means, but I love teaching creativity to children. Helping them figure out what they want to see on paper and making it come to life. Today I helped the kids paint a picture of "what love ment to them." Here are some of the answers and what they got to paint:
flowers (one of my personal favorites)
football
Jesus (my other favorite)
America (Cassidy's answer)
4th of july
home
I was sad when it was time for them to go to lunch and for me to go home. I'm glad I have the opportunity to go in and help-it makes me happy.
It's now getting to the end of Wednesday, the girls are outside playing in the rain with all the kids in the neighborhood and while they are busy, I best get busy! Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive! Off to finnish making dinner (beef stew) and that darn laundry!