Wednesday, August 8, 2007

1st Day of School



Today was the 1st day of 3rd Grade for Miss Cassidy. She was very excited which made me happy and proud. Each year gets better and better. No crying, hiding, and no saying, "I don't want to go!" It was a great morning.

Cassidy requested blueberry muffins for breakfast and I finally found a yummy recipe! We packed her lunch with plenty of food, packed her bag with plenty of school supplies and after scriptures and prayer off she went! This year we are at a new school and the bus picks her up at the end of our street - 4 houses down! There are about 20+ kids waiting at the bus stop (so fun) and they visit and play till the bus comes.

Abby gave Cass a big hug and kiss and said her goodbyes. As soon as Cassidy and I started walking to the bus, Abby ran in the house and threw her little body on the couch crying with her heart broken into a million pieces. Tom said it was the saddest thing he had ever seen! So he got her dressed and walked her down to the bus to watch Cass get on. She had a hard time but got so excited at 4:00 when we went to pick her up! I have never seen such a reunion! They ran to each other and gave BIG hugs. It was the cutest thing I have seen yet!

6 comments:

Webb Family said...

She looks so cute & old! Kelsey has a bag instead of a backpack this year too. I guess it's the "in" thing to do this year! That is so sad about Abby that is so nice that they are so close.

Crazymamaof6 said...

oh how sad! what a sweetie! Cassidy looks so cute and i love her bag!
can't wait to try your blueberry muffing recipe!

Lizzy said...

what cute girls you have. Being the youngest i went through that so many times-I hated that everyone left me, but I got so excited when they came home. What a great older sis Cass is!

onehm said...

Man, are your girls sweet! What cuties!
Did you get my email about the digital scrapbook class that I am thinking about doing?
We'd love to have you join us!

Susan said...

Sweet picture of Cassidy----so cute. Loved the story of Abby having a hard time ----missing big sister. I think it is so great she loves her big sister!

Anonymous said...

So cute! We will be going through the same thing soon. I hope she has a wonderful 3rd grade. That was one of my favorite grades!
Brandi