Thursday, October 25, 2007

Halloween is right around the corner....


So this is my attempt to decorate for Halloween. Sad but true. Does candy count as decorations? I'm so sad that I didn't snatch up a bunch of cute and fun Halloween decorations as I was scouting out all the Goodwill's in September. There were a TON of great stuff! I'm still thinking about this cool ghost I saw and didn't buy. I could have hung it by my front door. Don't you hate it when you do that? There's always next year right?


On a side note, I just uploaded all my pictures into Picasa and I LOVE IT!!! WOW, so easy and so easy to see what pictures I have. I thought I'd gotten rid of a bunch of that stuff but apparently not. It even uploaded all my digi-scrap paper. I was reading a magazine (you know me) at the Dr.'s office the other day on storing photo's. They recommended Picasa to get those pictures off your hard drive and safe in case of say...........fire, computer crashing, etc. I was helping my bro-in-law who was trying to e-mail 20+ pictures and so we signed up at the same time as I was walking him through it. So easy and so fun. I haven't figured out how to make a web album, but I guess I don't need to worry about that since I have Smugmug. However, if you did have family or friends that you wanted to share your photo's with this would be ideal. Hopefully my BIL will make his pictures into a web album for me so I can see my 10 nieces and nephews since they live so far away. Another fun thing is you can just click on a picture and push the button that says, "blog this" and it does all the work for you. Easy breezy. I think I'm in love. I think I just might give Picasa a great big kiss! Now I'm off to go organize my hard drive. There's things on there that should have been deleted in 1998!


Questions:
Do you use an online photo site?
Do you go through and organize your hard drive?
Do you decorate like crazy for Halloween or just a tinsy bit?
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Dancin Queen said...

Oh man, seriously! Why can't you live next door to me! I need help!

I signed up for Smugmug, Shutterfly, and Picasa--all three because I know I need to have an online place to store my photos, but don't know how to do it. I need to come over for a tutorial!

Please move to Utah. I need you for my neighbor. Plus we could play a lot.

Erin said...

No I don't have an oline photo site, I don't organize my hard drive and I only decorate a little bit for Halloween. I love your jars though, I think they are fun and might have to copy you!

Melody said...

I just love your blog! I guess, I need to update mine more than weekly. And I like to decorate just a bit for halloween( a few little do dads here and there--not wanting the kindergarten classroom look) as I'd rather spend my money and energy on Christmas decor.

Lisa Huber said...

Been slaking on my reading lately but you've still be posting away. I like your Halloween decorations a lot - right up my alley only at our house the kids would eat ALL that candy in one day (or less). I'm on my over to smugmug now to see all those great preschool ideas from your other post.

Nikki said...

I just did my mantle and top of my piano with decor!!! I save up for Christmas, my fav! I loved the jars too only that would never make it at my house. Porter would have all that candy eaten by 10 a.m.!!! And most of the bottles would be either shattered or chipped :) He's a candy monster!
Where does Abby go to preschool? Is it Ms. Miles???

Jennifer said...

I'm not a real halloween fan. I love dressing up but there's just something about going door to door begging for candy.... :-)

BUT I love fall and DO decorate for fall. And I love my witch. Come see her! Hurry!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of Cass surfing! She is awesome! Looks like you had a great time in Hawaii. Lucky Ducks! You guys deserve fun vacations like that! Hope you got a family picture for your Christmas cards.
It's funny you cleaned out your pictures I just did that this week too! Can you please come help me decorate my house! Need some major help and inspiration.
Love,
Brandi

Lizzy said...

I like fall things, not so much halloween. I keep driving around and seeing so many crazy things-so ugly! I love your jars though! I LOVE PICASA! Use it all the time! Its awesome!

Susan said...

I have heard of picasa on the radio and would love to have it and use it. Please teach Brooke then she can help me. Ha Ha! I love the jars you can use them for Christmas too---so cute!

Lori said...

I love picasa, too. And no, I'm not a big halloween decorater. Once in a while I'll get the kids those spider webs to put up in their rooms. I need to be better at decorating for holidays. Even my Christmas decorations need some help. Oh well.

Webb Family said...

I love Picasa too! I need to use it more and I would love to learn how to do the digi-scraping on it! Those pictures of Cassidy are so cute.

Crazymamaof6 said...

you can digi scrap on picasa? what? yeah i signed up but had no idea how to use it. i am not that computer savvy i guess. and i love your decorations. my kids would eat it too. but it is darn cute. i don't go all out on the decor but i would love to, i just don't have the follow through. or the gumption! oh well!
but yours is cute!

Cara said...

I don't know anything about digi-scraping on picasa but I know it's way easy to sign up and load all your pictures on. All you do is push one button and it does it for you! It even puts all the pictures into folders by date and makes it very easy to see. love it!

kay said...

i love the candy decor!! i may steal that idea myself.

(friend of crazymama's)