Saturday, October 20, 2007

Somethin' Yummy for Sunday Morning!

Did you grow up eating "German Pancakes" We did and they were so yummy!! It was right up there with french toast and omelets for my top three breakfasts. I saw this recipe on Martha Stewart's blog and it sounds like German Pancakes but a smaller version. My kids aren't huge fans but maybe this recipe will be different enough that they might like it. I'm going to try tomorrow. YUM!

For pictures of this yummy breakfast and more information visit Martha Stewart's site here.

Puffy Maine Pancakes
(Makes 3 four-inch pancakes)
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
Pinch of salt
Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting

Heat oven to 425 degrees.Place eggs, flour, milk, salt, and nutmeg in a medium bowl; whisk until combined. Batter may still be slightly lumpy. The batter may be made a day ahead and chilled overnight.
For each pancake, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a 4-inch crepe pan or ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Using a ladle, pour one-third of the batter into the very hot pan; transfer pan or skillet immediately to the oven. Bake until pancake is golden brown and very puffy, about 10 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar; serve immediately

****Blogger isn't letting me upload any pictures. I have a lot of pictures to post from our ****vacation and it's very frustrating! Does anyone know what the problem is?

7 comments:

Jenifer said...

Quite a few people I've talked to have had picture trouble. No idea. The pancakes look delicious! Maybe I'll give them a try!

Melody said...

Usually on Saturdays or Sunday that is what Kirt makes for breakfast. Just tonight my 2 year old told me before going to bed that he wanted a little german and syrup tomorrow :) We put all the ingredients into a 9x13 pan to bake, its fun to watch it puff up in the oven, and then cut into pieces. Bon Apetite!

Erin said...

We had German Pancakes all the time when I was a kid. My mom still makes them every time we go visit. Ryan wishes I would make them, perhaps I will tomorrow. I've had picture problems also.

Tiffany said...

I love German Pancakes!! I make them at least once a week! ...except my mom always called them "Dutch Babies", so that's what I still call them. My recipe is different from this one though... And yeah for breakfast!! I'm a total breakfast girl... we usually make something at least 4-5 mornings a week! yum, yum!!

Lizzy said...

you are such a great wife and mother. i need to do more yummy things for breakfast. thanks for the idea :)

THE Bridesmaid said...

What are German Pancakes?

Jennifer said...

YUM! I have to try these! Our German Pancake recipe is VERY different... I'll share sometime.

I had the same problem with uploading pics. Just be persistent and it seems to resolve itself.

I need to talk bridal shower details with you ... I'll be calling soon! :-)