Monday, November 5, 2007

Christmas

I went to Target this morning and guess what I saw?????

Christmas, Christmas Everywhere!!!
Boy I sure had small panic attack when I saw all that stuff. It's still 97 outside and Halloween just ended. I'm not ready! (yes that was in a very whiny voice)

Christmas is my least favorite month. Sad but true. If you know me I always say this but I still manage to pull it off....somehow! After Thanksgiving it's a whirlwind of craziness. Here's why:
1. Our anniversary is Dec. 7th
2. Cassidy's Birthday is Dec 11th
3. Amberly's Birthday is Dec. 14th
4. My Birthday is Dec. 23rd
5. Christmas is Dec. 25th
6. New Years is Dec. 31st
7. And this doesn't count all the grandparents, cousins, friends birthdays that are also in Dec.

Last year I worked my tail off to get everything ready by Dec. 1st. I'm not seeing that happen this year. I need to kick it up a notch and get in gear I guess! Help me!!!

I think this year my plan will be...................(thanks to Crystal- aka stars & bows)
"They get one thing they want,
one thing they need
and one thing to share!"
What do you think? I'm liking it.....a lot! I'll let you know how everything is going in the next couple of weeks! Here's hoping!

6 comments:

Erin said...

I think that is a great idea! Just thinking about presents from grandparents etc. sends my into "toy overload". I can just imagine them strewn all over the floor.

Dancin Queen said...

I like that a lot!

Webb Family said...

I was just having this conversation with some friends yesterday! I love Crystal's idea. Every year I say 3 gifts at the beginning but then I'm the one who caves!!! I think I love toys as much or maybe even a little more then my kiddos!

Jenifer said...

I love your plan. I am definitly going that route. It is time to cut back! Glad you are feeling better!

Crystal Star said...

Cara- I feel so proud to have made your blog :)
I'm like Brooke and I find I have to discipline myself since I enjoy getting them things.
But when they do complain about only getting 3 gifts (even though we try hard to make them really good gifts), I just calmly ask them how many gifts were brough to Jesus for Christmas, and it was His birthday, and it's the whole reason we celebrate Christmas. This usually quiets them right up :)

Anonymous said...

I love that idea....KT