Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving is gone but my post lives on.

This year for Thanksgiving we did two separate dinners on two separate days. This is a dream come true for me. I hate eating twice. Maybe because I love Thanksgiving food so much I like to spread it out as long as possible.

We had Tom's family first on Saturday the 17th. His brother was in town from CA which was very fun. We had everyone there except Elena's husband Craig and Mike and Colette (they live in MO). We swam (yes it was high 80's) had a lot of yummy food and got to watch old home videos of the kids when they were young. It's always fun to see Tom as a little sprite getting beat up on by his older brothers. We laughed long and hard. Good Times.

I'm sad that I didn't take more photo's but I was tired from taking pictures all day at Amy's shower. (pictures coming soon). I only took a few. I'll try and do better at Christmas time.
Tom with his "mini me" Jacob


My family had Thanksgiving on the actual day here at our house. I wasn't stressed at all and the day turned out to be perfect. Alice brought me the yummiest pie and Elena finally gave me her coveted sweet potato casserole recipe. we had delicious food, great company (who doesn't love my brothers?)and lots of fun playing the Wii. Yes, we "rented" one for Thanksgiving so we could be entertained. Boy is that a fun game!!!! We are NOT video game people. Not even on the computer. However, I have read so much about the Wii and how much fun the WHOLE family has playing it that I wanted one. I love how it's interactive and you have to get up off your hiney to play. I also love the fact that I can do every sport. I rock at bowling and kick butt in tennis. For a girl having arthritis for 20 years this is a sports dream come true!! It was so funny because we made the kids play outside while we (the adults) hogged the Wii. Tom loves the golf and even worked up a sweat while doing boxing.

I know what question you have in the back of your mind. "You can rent a Wii?" Well technically no you can not. That is just what I am telling my kids so they don't figure out it's their Christmas present. Like I said we are not gamers so if my kids opened up a Wii for Christmas and that was their BIG gift they would probably say, "what???" So I came up with the plan to "rent" it for Thanksgiving so they could see how fun it was. Let me tell you, my brothers can make anything fun. This was no exception. Cassidy loved Tennis and Bowling and Abby gets over 100 on every bowling game. I think my sneaky plan is going to work!!! Thursday night Cass was playing it by herself and said, "Mom, we HAVE to get one of these!" Yes, I do believe I am going to be Mother of the Year on Christmas morning!


Do you like my self portrait since I couldn't be in the picture?!

Here is a picture of my family (all of them) waiting to eat. Of course Joey and Joni had to be different as you can tell! Blogger isn't letting me upload pictures so I'll have to post the rest on smugmug. Stay tuned for some major back posts!

4 comments:

Erin said...

You are so tricky "renting" a wii. What a lucky family you are to get one. Can I come over and play sometime!?!

Webb Family said...

I love the Wii and we are always borrowing my brothers that my kiddos think we own one hee hee! My fav is bowling!! What a fun Thanksgiving!

Lizzy said...

Wow you have been a busy lady! Reading your list makes me very tired! all the pictures are so cute! I love the self portrait!

Crazymamaof6 said...

you are super smart. to pretend you rented it. love the wii. we have tons of games and i love bowling the best.