Thursday, November 15, 2007

Yep, She Did It........

Amberly Ann went ahead and did what I fear most when raising a little girl.

(well, I should say one of my fears but it's right up there with loosing her or someone taking her)

She cut her hair!!!!
Aaaaahhhhhh!!!!!
It has only taken me 3 years, 11 months, 14 days, 16 hours and 27 minutes to get her to have hair ALL THE SAME LENGTH!!!!
(yes I am a Pushing Daisies watcher - if you watch you got my joke)

Here's what happened:

She was outside with scissors - cutting things. I was inside on the computer - computing things. I could hear her snip-snip-snipping so I went to investigate. She was trimming my hedge by the front door. I suggested the grass would be a better option. I should have said "riding your scooter" would be the perfect option but I wasn't thinking. She has always been very responsible with scissors. She's even pretty good at cutting things. Better than most three year olds I might have to admit. How did I know that her hair would be bugging her and so to fix the problem she went snip-snip on the bangs. The very bangs that had just become the perfect behind the ear, no need for a clip every single second length!

Now, I must admit, for a do-it-yourself hair cutting job by a three year old this ones not bad. In fact, it looks like Brooke just came and tapered her bangs at an angle. Very professionally. If I have to have this mistake haircut as my one and only I really can't complain. But........by golly I was soooooooooo happy, filled with glee actually that her hair was FINALLY the same length! I had even done a little jig at her last haircut appointment. Yay!! All one length!! It was short lived. My glee is gone. I'm wallowing in self pity. Miss Amberly knows it. She's very sorry. She's told me many, many times since yesterday. I'm pretty sure she's not going to do it again. However, I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway. This little girl is one of a kind and I never know what she's going to do next!

12 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

ahhhhhhh! oh no! that is a huge bummer! at least she doesnt look scalped or hack jobbed. which is what i get when mine do their own. but finally to have gotten it where you wanted it and ruined in the blink of an eye?! sad! did you cry?
sometimes i have wanted to cry when they have done horrible things like a shaved chunk of bangs with the clippers. that made me cry. but one time i laughed out loud. and the rest were my own fault. but looking at it for months on end sickened me.

Crazymamaof6 said...

i mean to say that is sad. did that come through there?

cindylou said...

There's no picture!! I'm wanting to see little miss Abby's new do!! Wow -- I'm SO surprised that my house full of girls has never had this happen...yet! I'm sure her hair is still as cute as ever! :o)

onehm said...

Oh, so sad!
Sweet G cut her hair at a friend's house when she was 7!!!!
It was rotten....

Pam said...

We want a pic.

Jenifer said...

At least it is cute! Megan gave herself a mullett when she was two. And she cut her eyelashes off once. And cut my friends little girls hair. I had to ban her from scissor until she was 10.

Dancin Queen said...

My daughter only did that once, and it was similar, it wasn't too bad, she just decided to cut herself bangs. She had a friend over however, and she cut all of her hair off to her ears (she had really long natural curly red hair). I about died when I had to tell her mom, and her mom was really mad at me. =(

She came over a couple of days later and said it was okay, but could she get the hair to at least save it for her scapbook, but Isabel and her friend had flushed it down the toilet after they cut it! I felt so bad.

Webb Family said...

OH I'm so sorry that is a HUGE bummer! At least she did a good job and there are no chunks missing.

Lori said...

That is a sad thing. Ashley and her cousin gave themselves haircuts when they were 4, it was BAD!! But luckily hair grows. Such a bummer. Sorry.

Jennifer said...

Oh no!!! Where's the picture??? I hope I get to see her tomorrow!

Shanna said...

Been there done that x 5!!!!

I wanna see pics!

Lizzy said...

oh no! She looked so cute today well, every day she looks so cute!I didn't see you today hope you are feeling okay.