Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Tradition #1

Church Christmas Parties

A Night in Bethlehem
This year we were lucky enough to attend two Christmas parties! The 1st one was for our ward and it was a trip to Bethlehem. Everyone dresses up in time period clothing and gets to eat time period food. We were in charge of one of the booths. There are different booths for the different foods and you have to get a coin to get the food. We were in charge of the "Bishops Winery" Truthfully if we weren't in charge of that booth we probably wouldn't have gone. The best part was when we had to stop at Walgreen's to get those little battery powered candle lights. We have done this Christmas party many times in the past. However.......I'm glad we went and my kids had a lot of fun. It's always nice to be able to remember why we truly have Christmas without all the commercial stuff involved. The best part was when we had to stop at Walgreen's to get those little battery powered candle lights. Tom made me and the girls go in then he came in at the end and took my picture (the stinker).
The second Christmas party was at our old ward and we got to go because Monica was in charge and we got to help her set up! Monica really outdid herself this time. I told her I was kind of sad that she is now the activities chairperson because she won't be throwing any parties for us anymore. All her energy and creativity is going to go to the ward parties! That's o.k. I'll just volunteer each time so I can go!

Breakfast with Santa


This year she changed everything and did "Breakfast with Santa" It was AMAZING!!! There were Christmas trees everywhere, presents galore, candy, color and FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! Every kind of breakfast food you can imagine! Then Santa came and told the kids a story about what each Christmas object truly means. The wreath, the candy cane etc. Then they got their picture taken with Santa. It was so fun and I'm so glad I could help her with that. It was worth it Monica! Great job on that one!

The girls with Santa

3 comments:

Erin said...

How fun to see you in Walgreens wearing your costume. Too funny!

Webb Family said...

I'm so happy you guys came it was so fun! I love the costume at Walgreens!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

way fun to go to two ward parties we missed out on ours bout both of yours are super fun and way different! that is extra great!