Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Tradition #6

Tradition #6 is all about tradition and happy memories. Tastes and smells can conjor up a lot of memories both good and bad. See's Candies is definatly a happy memory for me.

For those of you that don't know about See's Candies they started in 1921 in San Francisco and have stores thoughout the West. Growing up near San Fran this was the best chocolate around. My Dad would bring it home for special holidays like Valentines Day Easter and Mothers Day. Oh how we would search the house for Mom's chocolates so we could eat them. My Dad finaly figured out that if my Mom was going to get any for herself he would have to bring us a box and her a box. At Christmas time there was always See's Candies to be eaten and I don't remember ever having any other kind of boxed Chocolates. My brothers and I would go over to the Collage bookstore with our change and buy candy bars but that doesn't count as "good chocolate."

There are a lot of different chocolates out there that I'm sure are richer, creamier, and more expensive. I however love See's Chocolates and am going to hide the box I just got in the mail yesterday and see how long I can make it last!!! (Thanks P. Sherman!)


Question:
What is your favorite chocolate? (Jenifer you don't have to answer that question)
What food brings back a special memory for you?


(spell check isn't working so don't judge me!)

11 comments:

onehm said...

I am loving all your traditions!
They are awesome!

I got your email about the help you needed and I responded right back!
Did you not get it yet??

Let me know!

Erin said...

We have to have Sees for holidays also. Love them! When I was little I used to poke the bottom of the candy to find out if it was a kind I liked or not. Gross huh. Had I know n you liked them too I would have gotten you a box.

Jenifer said...

Happy Birthday Cara! I hope you have a happy day, filled with great traditions. (And thank you for not making me answer the chocolate question!)

Lori said...

I'm also a big Sees fan! I'll never forget one Christmas when someone gave us a FIVE pound box! I was in heaven!! I love the butterscotch squares and the california squares!! Yummy! (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE SEES !!! We dont have Sees candy in Pa. at least where I live. Happy B-day chica...

Lizzy said...

These are very fun to read. Let me know if you still can't view my blog. Maybe i have 2 wrong emails??

Lizzy said...

P.s Happy birthday!! I am so sorry i forgot to tell you today grrrrr!! Thank you for the gift! Happy birthday!! I hate my b-day by Christmas are u with me???

THE Bridesmaid said...

Happy Birthday!! I was going to tell you to your face and then sing a song or two, but I didn't see you today...lucky you!

Webb Family said...

See's candy is so yummy and reminds me of my Grandma! I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!
Merry Christmas!

Crazymamaof6 said...

Merry Christmas my friend! i love love See's nuts and chews! and really it isn't christmas without them . oh and i totally ahve to have a reese's peanut butter tree in my stocking! love it! I hope your Christmas was fabulous with your family!

Brandi said...

Love the temple pictures! I do miss seeing those lights during the holidays.
O.k. so there is other chocolate I prefer to Sees like Dove's dark creamy chocolate, but I do love the Peanut Brittle See's candies make. Yummy!
Merry Christmas!! We miss you guys.