Monday, December 31, 2007

The Last Day of the Year.....

So I have been pondering my new word for 2008 while reflecting on my word "Think" from this year 2007. That will be a post for January since I haven't come up with a new word yet. However.....

I got THIS (19 New Year's Photo Resolutions) from Photojojo in my mailbox this morning and I thought THIS would be a fun thing to do for 2008.
*****
The 52 Blessings Project

About 52 Blessings
Once a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now days instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal.
*****
I know there are people out there doing Self Portrait Tuesdays, Wordless Wednesday and Just for Fun Friday and so many fun ideas to get us to write and share. I thought this would be fun for me to practice taking pictures and to help with my word for 2007 - Think. I may even tie my new word into this project. Think of the projects, pages and ideas that can come from this!!
*****
Questions:
What do you think?
Could you come up with 52 things that you are grateful for?
Are you doing a "word" this year as one of your goals?

16 comments:

Pam said...

I love this idea. I'm looking forward for this new blog jog. I hate taking ideas from you because I feel like I do it all the time, but I guess that's just because you are so awesome.

Shanna said...

Happy Belated Birthday girl! ANd Happy New Year too! Love ya!

crystal said...

1. The more I think on it, the MORE i love the 52 Blessings idea! Do a post on it once a week, like Lelly's SPT, with a Mr. Linky!!! Wouldn't that be fun to be able to click on the link & see each others' photos?!

2. I'm adding you to my sidebar, unless you have objections. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a new addition to this blog...don't even remember how I came acrossed it...but am very thankful I did! I LOVE your blog. You add so much to my life just by reading about yours! You are such an inspiration to all and I LOVE your 52 Photo Blessing idea. I don't have a blog of my own yet...but hope to this year!
Thank you for sharing a small, inspirational piece of your life with others. Cheryl

Webb Family said...

I love this idea! I also need to start thinking about my word for the year!

cindylou said...

Hey Cara Jane! I've missed you! Sorry -- I've been out of the blogging world for awhile, I guess. I love this 52 blessings idea! Wow! You are so full of stinkin' cute ideas! And I love the comment that anonymous wrote! You ARE such an inspiration! You're so full of life and enthusiasm. I want to be just like you when I grow up! Seriously! :o) I love you tons, girl!

cindylou said...

PS - Happy Belated Birthday! :o)

THE Bridesmaid said...

I could totally come up with 52 things to be grateful for! Maybe even 52 people?!

Nikki said...

Can I do it too! I love the idea! How fun....I'm learning so much more about you on your blog! I guess I'm making up for lost time that I could have had with you when I lived there! sniff sniff...thanks for all great ideas and fun projects :)

MaryRuth said...

I totally love this idea!! I want to join in!!!

www.thefrancks.typepad.com

MaryRuth

Dancin Queen said...

LOVE this idea! Way to go! I'm in!

Janna said...

How awesome! I am going to give it a try!

Susie said...

I'm brand new to this blog--totally going to use this idea--I love it.
Very happy to have found you!

Amz said...

What a great idea! Can I do it too?

andrea j said...

I know I'm a little late...but I saw this idea on Crystal's blog and I just loved it! Thanks for the fabulous idea!!

Stevens girl said...

I've seen this on several blogs and now know where it came from and now I want to join in too. Thanks for the idea.