Tuesday, December 11, 2007

She's Nine



Cassidy is Nine today. I can't believe it's been nine years. Nine! I have a nine year old!!! Is that possible? For a girl who thought she was never going to get married let alone have children this is so amazing to me. Feeling blessed is an understatement. I couldn't have asked for a better daughter than Miss Cassidy. So following the tradition of Tom's anniversary post I'm going to list nine things I love about Cassidy.

9. She sings ALL THE TIME!! She always has and I'm sure she always will. She has an amazing voice and perfect pitch. I wish she would let me put her in voice lessons. Maybe when she is ten and she can read faster. The funny thing is most of the time she doesn't know she's singing. It's just part of her. Tom and I say that she has a soundtrack playing in her head at all times and she's the star of her own show. If you know Miss Cass you know what I'm talking about!
8. She is the kindest, sweetest, most patient, giving big sister I have ever seen. I wish I would have been more like her to my brothers when I was little. Abby doesn't know how good she has it! Know that Abby is bigger it's so fun to see them play and be friends!

7. She is so creative. She has such a talent for art. She can draw things I could never imagine drawing! One time I went into the classroom to help and she was drawing the cover to her book. I said, "what is your book about?" She said, " I haven't written anything yet. I've spent the whole hour coloring my cover! Isn't it great?!" It was like, what? I have to write? I can't write until my cover is done....duh!
6. She is very independent. She likes to do her own thing but still likes her Mama to help her once in a while. For example, she always wants me to help her get ready in the morning. Why I'm not sure because she NEVER EVER wears what I suggest. Still it makes me feel good that she wants me in there. Ü
5. This chick LOVES may I repeat, LOVES anything with sugar in it. Would live of sugar if I let her! She has a major sweet tooth. Maybe because it's because she's so sweet!
4. She has her very own testimony of the Lord and the gospel of Jesus Christ. That is so impressive to me. There are people out there that don't have that special gift and she's just nine and has it! I love hearing her say her prayers or seeing her choose right over wrong. She such a good example to me and to our family.

3. I love how Cassidy has come out of she shell. She's so brave and confidant. Her previous shyness has gone out the window and a new strong, determined, positive, happy girl has emerged. I'm sure my Mom up in heaven has had something to do with this. She was working with Cassidy before she died and I'm sure she has just kept at it up there! Thanks Mom, It's working!

2. She is naturally athletic. I was never naturally athletic. In fact it's a good thing I got arthritis because it got me out of all four years of P.E. This girl can do anything! Rock climb like it's no big deal. Go surfing and get up on the 1st try. Climb a tree like a monkey and do gymnastics like an Olympian. She has the grace of a prima ballerina, and the strength of a teenage boy. She has the longest legs which makes her a very fast runner. I can't wait to see what sport or sports she is going to want to play. Tennis? Golf? Track? Who knows but I'm sure it will be something.
1. I'm so glad this little big girl is mine. She's everything I have ever wanted in a daughter. Smart, kind, obedient, loving, and sweet. (She could be a little cleaner but hey, it's her birthday so I won't mention that.) I love you Miss Cass thanks for being my daughter!

5 comments:

Crystal Star said...

Happy Birthday CASSIDY!!! We think you are great too!
Love the Bowmans

Jenifer said...

I hope you have a great birthday! What a wonderful kid you have there. You are lucky to have her in your family!

Webb Family said...

Happy Birthday Cassidy and I agree you are such a sweet thing! You are always willing to help with the twins & a wonderful friend to Cody & Kelsey! I loooove this picture of Cassidy holding Abby she looks so little!!

Jennifer said...

What a sweetheart. I think she has a lot of her mamma in her! :-) I can't wait to see you on Thursday!

Crazymamaof6 said...

what a beautiful, smart , talented daughter! love this! hope she had a great day!