Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Mission Accomplished II

TA-DA!!!I finally took pictures of our clean and organized office. I went through every drawer, shelf, bucket and box and this is the end result. My new chairs go rather well and complete the look, plus they are comfy to sit on and roll around quite nicely! Much better than the kitchen chairs we were using! I would love a rug since this room is the coldest room in the house and maybe some different paint on the walls. But for now it's so nice to come in and work in a peaceful place rather than chaos! Thanks Jen for the motivation and making this project FUN! Seeing her office makes me want to go for a visit so we can be crafty together! She has so many talents that I would love for her to teach to me. Soon Jen -Soon!

I had a huge bucket of ribbon that was such a mess. It's still not how I would like it--but at least it's got a lid to keep little hands from taking my ribbon when ever they feel the need!
I put all the music CD's, computer CD's and disks into these boxes. They are now labeled so Tom can find the ones he needs and I can find mine. The paper is now separated into sections and the girls have free reign on the colored cardstock on the right. My Mom had a ton, so I don't feel bad letting them create some art masterpieces with it.
I went through five boxes of my Mom's pictures and weeded out the bad and separated the good. My goal give my brothers all their pictures so I am left with mine and the ancestors. When the file gets full, I'll pass it on to the brothers and continue to fill as I go.
This is a sad attempt at organizing all the cords that go to the ipod, three different cameras, and other random cords. It's a basket that sits by the computer and I just grab what cord I need out of it and put it to use. It seems to be working for now until I come across something different.

This is our favorite crafty thing! Its a 4 drawer rolling cart w/ a 3 drawer sitting on top.
The girls have this stuffed to the gills with all kinds of craft things and coloring books.
The best part is they can wheel it where ever needed.
In the office at their little table - great!
At the dining room table - fabulous!
In their room - not allowed!
This table has been a great addition to our office. I'm sure a nice comfy chair would be better for me--but this is perfect for the girls to come in and work on their projects while I am working on mine. It has been used for tea parties, Thanksgiving, Christmas, fort making, a lemonade stand and goody table. I think it has earned its keep and it's not going anywhere!

This is a HUGE map that has been stapled to the wall over the desk. I was going to get rid of it but Tom and the girls wanted to keep it. They LOVE this thing! Everytime they watch something of interest on TV they come check the map. We keep track of where we have been. Since the girls like to use it and I like it pretty-I decided to move it to the side of the desk for better viewing purposes and have Tom frame it. I love it now as much as they do!
This is a give-a-way that I won last year on Shanna's Blog.
She made it and I have it hung with love!

Tom helped me create these little beauties! I love them. They are my new favorite thing in the whole office. I now have a place for all that dreaded mail. My goal is on Mondays to go through each box and tackle the paperwork so it doesn't build up. Here's hoping!



So what do you think? Is it as good as the Pottery Barn Picture that I posted as a joke?
Thanks again to Jen who motivated me into getting my rear in gear!
And thanks to my sweetie Tom for helping me with all the billing,
paperwork and framing the map! I think it looks great!

24 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

way to go! it looks amazing! totally as good or better than potterybarn! and love that you framed the map. it looks fab. I'll send you the pictures o took of my sister in laws cord problem solver. it is fab. in case you don't like the basket later. love the rolling cart for the art stuff.

and so fun to see you last night.

oh and the ribbon is fabulous! i have like 4 tubs like that. sadly!

Shelly said...

Impressive! Congrats on finishing the project! It feels so good to get things done like that! It makes the room worth being in again!

Erin said...

Love your new organized office. Any chance I could hire you to come and organize mine?

Lori said...

Way to go!! What an accomplishment! I wish I had an office to organize!! It really looks great!

Andrea said...

WOW!! IT looks awesome!! You are awesome!! Now mine looks even worse! tee hee :)

Love all the little black boxes for cds 'n stuff! Great job!! Everything looks so fabulous!

Emy5 said...

Amazing. I have to say I am pretty impressed. Your hard work certainly paid off.

And you look so skinny in your picture with your two friends!!

Grandma T. said...

This is so enticing Cara. It makes me want look inside everything. I have been working on mine too. When I get to the pictures I will want to talk to you about the ancestor ones.
Love, Aunt Janet

Brandi said...

Looks Awesome!

Stie: My Favorite Things said...

Ohhh, I'm all a twitter. There is nothing I love more than some good organizing.

Jenifer said...

At first I thought it was a catalog picture. It looks fabulous! You are so good. I love all your organizing tricks. I too have wondered what to do with all the pesky cords. Let me know if you find something genius.

Webb Family said...

Cara that room looks amazing! It really could be in a magazine no joke!! LOve it!

Laurie said...

I LOVE it! It's every bit as good at the PB photo. Great job, and so inspiring.

Pam said...

Great job with that mess. I need you to come and help me.

Lizzy said...

WOW!! Good girl! I need to take some tips from you. Thanks for the pictures, it gives me some ideas! It looks amazing, good work! Where did you get the table for the girls- i need one for our toy room-any ideas. Thanks for helping my sister on her projects :)

cindylou said...

Cara Cara Cara!! Your office is so absolutely FABULOUS!! I love it!! I love the framed picture of your map, your little bill doo-hickey that Tom made for you, your plug keeper, your oh-so-cute chairs -- I just LOVE it! This is way better than any Pottery Barn office -- it has been Carafied and has soo much personality! I love it!!

Kimmurs said...

Pottery Barn Who ? It looks great.

Megan said...

It is beautiful! Please come over and make over our office/ loft/ place where things go to die!

crystal said...

This is BETTER than the PB photo, because it has personality. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, tell us where you got the little cd boxes and cute magazine holders! AND the furniture! I know you got the chairs at Target--but how 'bout the awesome white desk, etc?

You did a phenomenal job! I'm so prous of your hard work! And a little bit envious...

onehm said...

IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!
And you seriously inspired me to get to work on my mess!
Thank you!


{so fun to see you Tuesday!}

Amz said...

Wow!!! This looks incredible! You did such a great job! Yes, I want to know too, where you got your cute desks?!

Nikki said...

Looks AWESOME Cara! I love all the white, it really makes it look crisp and clean! It's amazing what you've done with the mail slots! GENIUS!!! My office is right out in the open so I have do most of my storage bins etc. in my craft room in the basement, which is nice in the effect that it's not frequently visited :) Have you used thos little velcro cord keepers before? Just a suggestion. They work wonders. If not try zip ties. Those work for a more permanent hold :) Looks great!

Crystal Star said...

WOW!!!

Jennifer said...

Well done! I'm so happy in my clean space-I'm sure you are all loving yours as well. Thanks for the push to get it done-just what I needed!

shay said...

So I'm stalking your blog! I can't even remember how I found the link to your blog...but thanks for the great idea! I so am doing this....if I could just find those filing cabinets (I'm in San Diego--we don't have Fry's). Anyway, for your ribbon, take a thin diameter tension rod and stick the ribbon spools through it, then attach it between your desk and the wall and walaaa! Or scrapbook stores sell ribbon storage boxes that have dowels to put ribbon on and a place to pull the ribbon through. Anyway, I'm copying your office idea, so thought I'd contribute to your ribbon storage!