Friday, February 22, 2008

Get-A-Way

Our Trip to L.A. was so much fun. For Christmas Tom got some of the partners in his firm to give the wives a trip to see Wicked. It was so fun to get to know Nicole and Allison better and to spend time with Monica. Mindy was supposed to come but her whole family was VERY sick so she had to cancel at the last minute. We missed her! As you can see these pictures are of FOOD! What's better than taking pictures of food? (Monica and Mindy have SOOO rubbed off on me) I just had to because it was so yummy! That artichoke was the best one I have ever had, and I have eaten A LOT of artichokes in my day. I did grow up right next to the Artichoke Capitol of the World.


It was Nicole's birthday on Tuesday and her birthday dinner was fabulous! I was so hungry and everything hit the spot. Too bad we didn't have time to get any dessert. After eating we had to rush to our hotel, leave our car with the valet with specific instructions to NOT drive it away and ran to our room for a record dress change of 7 min. Hair, make-up and change of clothes - yes we girls CAN be fast if we want to! Then off to the theater we went - btw it takes longer to get there than what map quest says.

The show was perfect, the theater amazing! and the company fabulous. Thanks for a fun trip girls. I had a blast!

Other things that happened, driving around for donuts as big as your head, looking for movie stars, navigating the L.A. freeways, shopping in the rain and searching for the perfect purse (which I found-thank you), cooing at the sweet baby that came with us who didn't make a peep the whole time, room service fit for a queen, eating breakfast with Dave Foley, driving PAST Rodeo Drive but not driving ON Rodeo Drive, seeing the L.A. temple twice, watching the most expensive cars drive up to the building across the street from our room and then be valeted and wondering what was in that building?? Running on the stars down Hollywood Blvd barefoot while laughing uncontrollable and trying to put on my jacket so I could get to the show on time, reading O.K. magazine and finding out Mc Steamy was in West Hollywood the same time we were - DARN-IT! Saying "harrowing" more than a few times during the trip.

I would love to go back and tool around to see things I didn't get to see. Anyone want to go with me???


(Is that the fanciest room service table ever? The best part was the guy came in, set it all up right in front of the TV. So at 1am we were eating and watching Seinfeld - what could be better?)
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Laurie said...

That sounds soooo fun! I love girl get-aways and I LOVE Wicked. What a great trip to take in February (but then, I don't think you are trying to escape any snow, are you?)

Lori said...

Wow, I want to eat that artichoke right now!! I love them! What a great trip, and I'm jealous you got to see Wicked there!! I just realized we'll be heading to LA soon, I totally should get tickets!! And what a great present to give all the wives!!!

cindylou said...

Oh My Holy Helen! Sounds like you had soo much fun! Hello -- I'll go with you the next time you go!! I LOVE Girls' weekends! I'm jealous that you got to see Wicked!! We tried to see it in NYC, but it was sold-out! :o( Sounds like it was great! Yay! I'm glad you had fun!

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh! That sounds like such a FUN girl trip!!! Heard Wicked is really good!

Crazymamaof6 said...

super fun trip! and very cool the husbands sent ya! even better! very fancy! and WOW!

Webb Family said...

What a fun trip! I wish I could have gone & I felt so bad that Mindy didn't get to go! WOW, Cassidy has Mono poor thing. I hope she gets better soon!

Anny said...

Sounds like heaven. I love girl trips and I have to see wicked soon.

Kathryn said...

ditto anny :)