Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine Banner

Mindy ironing the fabric
Trying to figure out a color pattern
cutting out letters that say "Be My Valentine"
NOT "Be Mine Valentine" (Yes that is an inside joke Ü)


Monica and Mindy called me on Tuesday with a brilliant plan to make a Valentine Banner. They got the idea after seeing the banner that Panda had made. Mindy and I always die over the cute Pottery Barn Banners they have for each holiday. We almost made one for Thanksgiving last year but ran out of time.
So they headed to the store and bought all the goods and by the time I got over there they had a plan of action. Even though it took us two days and about six hours making the banners I think they turned out DARLING!!! And the cost was about only $25. Plus, the bonus was spending two afternoons with my friends laughing and having a ton-O-fun!

I have just a few more embellishments to add which I will do this morning after getting caught up on blogging. (Tom is NOT here so I have my computer back - yippee!!) I will post pictures of the finished project when I'm done.

17 comments:

Melody said...

You have the funnest ideas. (I feel so inadequate after reading your blog)I just loved the banner and cards for school. How do you do it all? You should have your own little segment on some morning show :)

Erin said...

Love the banner, love the girls valentines cards, am going to have to copy them next year!

Erin said...

Love the banner, love the girls valentines cards, am going to have to copy them next year!

Amz said...

I so love these banners too and wondered if they'd be easy to make. Now that your done, would you do it again? You did such a great job!

Andrea said...

Love your banner & v day cards! I saw the banners at PB and thought they were so cute. Way to go on making them yourself!!

Crissybug said...

So creative and crafty! I LOVE it!

Webb Family said...

How fun, I love that idea! Oh and the girl's cards sooo cute. I'm way too lazy & just buy mine. I'm glad you had a good Valentines week.

Crazymamaof6 said...

adorable banner! and way fun to do it with friends! so stinking cute!

Mindy said...

What a crazy fun time. I haven't read your blog in a long time. You are my blogging idol. Wow!!!

idahohubers said...

I love you and your CUTE ideas. Was that inside joke for me? It sounds like what Aubrey says... but maybe other people talk like that! Anyway, I remember a song your mom sang... something like: "my hand on my head - what is this here? This is mine head thinker, ya mamma dear..." does that ring a bell? I love your mom. Your Valentines for the girls were very cute. I saw one where the child was holding palmfulls of candy hearts in the picture... next year maybe.

Shelly said...

I love those. It looks great! I made a Thanksgiving and halloween one! I will have to show you! My letters are on squares instead of triangles!

cindylou said...

Wow -- you are so stinking creative, Cara! I love it! (I wish I had a little more of your creative juices that flow through that little teeny body of yours!!) Your V-day cards were so totally adorable, too!!

Jennifer said...

Love this! So cute!

Let Your Hair Down said...

so cute! good job!

Janna said...

how darling

sara said...

how fun...i never decorate for Valentines...my kids would love it if i did...and the girls valentines are genius!

cindylou said...

Where are you??