Friday, March 28, 2008

My New Body

O.K. I finally broke down and joined a gym. Yes, I have been walking but sadly it is not enough. Age and gravity are attacking me faster than I can walk. Plus walking doesn't help my "floppy arms" as Cassidy calls them.


So I went and worked out for the first time this week and I thought I did pretty good. I of course did not want to over do it so I just did the elliptical machine and a little ab workout.


I was very proud of myself doing the elliptical machine for 20 min. I started out slow then worked my way up to a pretty fast pace. I got my heart rate up into the cardio zone for 10 whole min. and then slowed back down to a weight loss zone. All was jazzy and I watched the Price is Right which made the time go by much faster. Another thing that helped me keep to my 20 min. goal was my cute friend Lee who was behind me and I didn't want her thinking I was wimpy!!



Abby had fun in the child care which makes my life easier because that means I don't have to

1. fight her to go with me to the gym.
2. I don't have to go at weird times so Tom can be home with her and
3. It breaks up the morning for her which can be boring at times.


So after I did my cardio and Abs I did some stretching and then we left. Again, didn't want to over do it. I felt great all day and was very proud of myself for working out and looking forward to a hot model body for summer. (hey, a girl can dream can't she?)
(Isn't this swimsuit cute from Modbe?)

All was well until I woke up. My muscles ached and my back was all seized up. I'm telling you, I knew I was wimpy but not this wimpy. Seriously!! I thought I would die!! I have realized why I don't work out. I don't need my joints hurting everyday AND my muscles hurting too!! Blast!!!

Whew, got that out of my system! I promise, I will not complain one more time. I will continue to work out "every other day" as my brother puts it. (inside joke Ü) I will be brave and strong and I will do whatever it takes to get rid of those "floppy arms"! I will loose 8-10 lbs before June 1st and hopefully - fingers crossed - I will get some muscle tone back into this almost 30 something body! I want my muscles to do some of the work so my poor beat up joints can have some sort of break.

8 comments:

Jenifer said...

I'm very serious about joining, then we can go together! As long as I can whine and be wimpy. :]

Crystal Star said...

Way to go Cara. When do you go? I'm ready to go back now that baby is old enough to go into the baby care.

Dancin Queen said...

I love Modbe swimsuits!

Bits Of Becca said...

I always hurt the next couple days after not working out for a while. If you keep it up, you'll eventually stop hurting. I need to get back in the gym too. Thanks for the incentive.

cindylou said...

UMMM...not sure where the 8-10 lbs are that you are wanting to lose before June 1st?? Not seeing 'em. BUT...I am soo proud of you for working out! Even to just get healthier and more toned! As for the pounds you want to lose -- that will remain a mystery to me! And I don't think you could ever have "floppy arms!" HA HA -- the thought even makes me laugh. Your little body is too darn small for any floppiness. Anyway...you go girl!

Andrea said...

WOOHOO!! You GO GIRL!! It feels good to be doing something good for yourself! Hope you're not too sore. Keep up the good work. :)

THE Bridesmaid said...

Good for you for going to the gym! I love that sore feeling...it just means you did what you set out to do :)

Anny said...

Yeah - the gym! You have to try yoga! You'll die at first but soon you won't be able to live without it! P.S. You're tiny already!