Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Couple of Things ......

that have been bothering me.

#1. My word for the year? Simplify. Yeah, I'm not having much luck with that. It seems I am more busy than ever and my house........disaster! My car????? Worse than disaster!! I don't think I can go another day with the car as it is. Why do children have to bring so much stuff with them and then not take it with them when they leave???? I swear! (I might have to take a picture to prove to you how disgusting it truly is!)

#2. I have decided that I don't like shopping in the junior department any more. What's up with those sizes? I swear I am one size and I try a pair of shorts on and they don't even go up past my knee. I go over to the regular ladies dept with more "mature" clothing styles and yep, I can fit into the size I think I am. The problem however is the clothes over in THIS dept. are NOT as cute as the clothes in THAT dept. What am I to do????? I surely don't want to look like a corporate type or like I am going to church everyday and I don't want to wear weird baggy shirts. Please help this poor fashionless girl!

#3. Today was the 1st day Cassidy missed the bus after our little deal. She also lost her homework (I'm sure it's hidden in our lovely car) and didn't go to abacus (because it was a half day and I forgot). So she went to bed an hour early and tomorrow she will have to start over on her writing assignment BEFORE school. Yippee for me!!! I can't wait to battle that out tomorrow!!

For now I'm off to bed. I'm back into the blogging mode and woke up early just to check in on a few. Hopefully I will get caught up soon. Sorry I have been a slacker. There's only so much time in the day and my time seems to get away from me rather quickly these days!!!!

But I'm back - so Let The Blogging Begin!!!!!

11 comments:

Bits Of Becca said...

I can relate 100% on the house and car disaster. I was just telling my kids today to go get EVERYTHING out of the car that is theirs. Thank goodness, my kids had no homework today. That's what they told me anyway.

cindylou said...

I want to see a picture of your car! Then maybe I'll feel a little better about my car looking EVEN worse than yours!! And holy hanna...I wish I could shop in the junior section! I can't get anything past my ankles, let alone my knee! You're too cute, miss Cara!

Crazymamaof6 said...

yay! glad you are back! and loving this. very real. hmm. i say the next size up in jrs. no one knows what's on the tag anyway. but then it'd fit. right? that is what i would do if i wasn't cruising the fat lady section.

time does fly. busy busy! hope you are doing good!

Emy5 said...

I can definitely relate to kids leaving their stuff in the car ( and in my case half a packet of Pringles smooshed on the floor- Yuck)

Your husband's office looks amazing!

Brandi said...

Good to have you back!
Tom's office looks great!
I have found that Target and Wal-mart have some good finds. You would be surprised!
With your word maybe you can change it to simply un-simplified for the moment and don't worry about it too much. The most important thing is that everyone is happy and having a good time, right?
Love you!

Anny said...

Thanks for a needed laugh! When I got sick of my messy car, I took it to the full service car wash, but they were closed because it was a blizzard. So, I took it to a self wash and vacuumed for 40 min. then power washed the mats, it was so gross! Sadly, it looks about the same again.
As for fashion, I tried shopping on my trip and had no luck, what is up? Where are all the cute clothes everyone is wearing? If you find out let me know!

Anny said...

p.s. Good job sticking to your guns with Cassidy. She is such a cutie and will be grateful, someday!

Laurie said...

I know what you're talking about. Yesterday I cleaned so much stuff (mostly kid stuff) out of the car. It was unbelievable. Today, hopefully, the house.

My word of the year (focus) seems to be my weakest quality at this point.

And as for shopping, let me know if you find a good solution!

Webb Family said...

My car is always a mess cause the kiddos are little piglets!!! Paige's daughter Sydney always lets me know what a mess my car is, gotta love kids they are so honest!
I'm having the same problem with the junior section. I know some stores change their sizes just so old ladies (ya right) don't shop at their stores. Sad huh!
Ever since I read your post about Cassidy & the bus we have been doing the same thing. The first week was tough but thanks for the great idea.
Sorry this is so long!

Erin said...

Amen to everything, the cars a mess, I have no cute clothes and the kids are always slowing me down. I'm so glad that you are back to blogging. Serioulsy if you find a shopping solution let me know because I need serious help!

Jenifer said...

THis is why we need to open a store called Forever 29. i'm not 17 or 47. I want to look cute! i hate shopping.