Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tuesday Tell All

Today was spent running around checking things off my list. Only two days left until the party and then I can have my regular life back. I didn't realize how much I do on a normal daily basis until I haven't been doing any of it. It's O.K. though - all worth it in the end.

Today I had my cute little 9 year old Activity Day girls over for a mini spa day. (We meet twice a month to work on goals for our church) We sat out on the back porch and did mani's and pedi's. It was fun and Cassidy opted to GIVE them pedi's instead of GETTING one. She even did polka dots on one of the girls toes. The girl told Cassidy, "I didn't think you would do a good job at first but I was wrong! Mine look the best!" I'm pretty sure Cassidy was feeling good about herself after that!

Of course Abby was right in the mix taking off her nail polish (that was just put on yesterday) so she could have a fresh color. I swear that girl is the girlyest girl I have yet to meet. Dresses, nail polish, shoes, shoes and more shoes! I think I'm in trouble!

While I was helping one of the girls I was reaching for a cotton ball and I fell right on the hard cement. Just what I needed!!! Now my back and neck hurt and I'm more stiff than normal. Hopefully it will go away after a good nights rest. I'm crossing my fingers!!!

Dinner tonight was chili and Frito's with a side of American Idol. Is it just me or is Mariah Carey a little weird? I didn't know she was such a song writer!! More #1's than Elvis?? Anyway, she just seems a little......................full of herself and in the clouds at the same time. Am I off here?? Do people really think that highly of her????

One positive thing that has happened around here is Cassidy and her Abacus. It has finally clicked and she is really excited about it. She is doing harder math problems in her head and getting them right!!! She is passing her tests each week and her confidence is growing by leaps and bounds! The other night Kurt and Pam came over and she was doing some math for them without her Abacus - just using her brain. I think that set it off and now all she wants to do is math! The teacher said that it takes about a year for it to really set in and then it goes a lot faster. It's been a year this month and she was right!!! I'm so proud of Cassidy!! I'm also so happy that she is finally loving it!

Anyway, I'm off to bed - tomorrow is another long day. The good thing is that Tax Day is over so hopefully I will have my husband back. Which means more time for me to catch up on all my blogging friends. I haven't read a blog in weeks!!!! Can't wait to see what's been going on out there in blogging land.

13 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

awesome! sounds like a good time for achievement days! and way to go Cassidy for serving others. and using her talents. AND TOO CUTE Abby changing her polish again! huge bummer you took a fall hope you don't feel cruddy for too long. stiff and achy is no fun!

i have a giveaway going on my blog, so come see. and join in the fun!

yay that tax day is over , i'm sure there are tons that are happy about that!

Crazymamaof6 said...

oh and i meant to say i've totally been missing you!

Brandi said...

Good luck with Tom's party. It will be great! Love you!
Also I am so happy for Cass! Way to go Cassidy!!

Jenifer said...

Yikes! I'm sorry you fell! I hope you are feeling okay today.
You are the best activity leader! Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm excited to see the new office, I bet you've done a fabulous job!

Lolly Jane said...

i'm not a mariah carey fan either! so i need your email addy so i can invite you to my {personal} blog. or you can just email me: natekellimullins@yahoo.com *still waiting to when ya wanna do a lunch date... ;) xo~kelli

Think Pink said...

I so wish I could have a mini spa day with my kids...but that just wouldn't work with 2 stinky boys! ;)

AND I totally agree about Mariah! My husband and I were just talking about her last night...We just don't get her AT ALL! Who really likes her anyways?

Too cute that Cassidy wanted to call Griff. They seem to be pretty good buddies. ;) My hubby is going on the FUN field trip tomorrow...are you?

Take care! Someday we should really meet face to face!

Webb Family said...

What can I do to help!? Even if you just want to drop Abby off to play. Can't wait to see how it all looks tomorrow!

Anny said...

I hope you are feeling better. It was good to talk to you today. After tomorrow, you're back, right? JK good luck with the open house.
I love Abby and how she is so girly, can I borrow some of her shoes? Maybe the red pumps?
I'm so glad Cassidy understands math, she is so cute!

Jenifer said...

Loved the office! Everything was perfect! Thanks for the invite!

Andrea said...

YAY! Tax day is over, now more time w/ the hubby!! Hope your back & neck are feeling better!

Andrea said...

You've been blogged (and awarded)!!

http://the-dickinsons.blogspot.com/2008/04/aww-i-feel-special.html

TV de LCD said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cindylou said...

Cara, Cara...I know I tell you this all the time, but you are just so darn cute. I just get a smile on my face every time I read your blog. I miss you!!

Sounds like you've been a busy little queen bee! If I had the energy that you do, I'd be in heaven!

Good luck with everything you are doing for Tom's new office. Tell him we said CONGRATULATIONS!! :O)