Tuesday, May 6, 2008

52 Blessing Project #17 & #18

This week I have two blessings to be thankful for since I missed last week.

So Blessing # 17 is the Temple

Who knew when we moved out here 9 years ago that there would be a mall with places to eat, a Costco, AND a Temple. I am still in shock that we are lucky enough to get one in our town. Amazing!!!! We as members of the Church must be doing something right to be blessed with a Temple so close! I however have no excuse now and will be making new goals to attend more.


ENJOY THE BLESSING OF TEMPLE ATTENDANCE
In the temple, worthy members of the Church may receive and help others receive sacred ordinances, such as baptism for the dead, the endowment, eternal marriage, and sealings. As we provide this service to others, we are often blessed personally.

President Gordon B. Hinckley, First Counselor in the First Presidency, has written: “The temple is … a place of personal inspiration and revelation. Legion are those who in times of stress, when difficult decisions must be made and perplexing problems must be handled, have come to the temple in a spirit of fasting and prayer to seek divine direction. Many have testified that while voices of revelation were not heard, impressions concerning a course to follow were experienced at that time or later which became answers to their prayers” (Ensign, Mar. 1993, p. 6).


Attending the temple blesses us in many aspects of our lives. For example, one sister noticed that when she was able to attend the temple regularly, her life seemed more ordered and she was better able to solve her problems. But she was especially pleased when her teenage son remarked, “I think my week goes better when you and Dad go to the temple.”

Being in the temple allows us to focus on eternal matters. Often we bring away from our temple experience a greater ability to love, to serve, to understand the scriptures, and to progress toward the promised blessing of living with our Heavenly Father again.
“Attending the Temple: Challenges and Blessings,” Ensign, Aug 1994, 63

Blessing # 18 is Our Home

I am so thankful that we have a nice home to live in. I thankful that everything works and the rain does not leak on my head in the middle of the night when it rains (this is a long story for another time). I am thankful for the convenet location to everything within 10 min, and I love that we have a pool to swim in anytime we want and don't have to go somewhere else if we don't want to. I love our neighborhood and the climbing roses over my entryway. I love that I have a little spot to plant a garden and a nice clean garage. Yes there are days when I wish I had a bigger, nicer house. Who doesn't. But for now I am thankful for what I've got. ÜÜÜ


5 comments:

Anny said...

I am so excited for you to have a temple so close! What a blessing indeed! Your home is awesome. It is so comfortable and cozy. Kind of like a cozy cottage :) Another great blessing!

Lolly Jane said...

i scored $100 bucks from my mom since she didn't believe me this was goin in. gotta love gilbert grapevine gossip! ;) anyway, way to stand us up on monday, girl!! where were you? uh-huh! i didn't even have your # to harass ya! all is well, i have it now so you can't get out of next monday! :)kelli

pam said...

Disneyland was great!!

I'm excited for the temple so close. We won't have any excuses, Especially if we drive by it everyday.

crystal said...

YOU HAVE CLIMBING ROSES???!!! I've always-always-always fantasized about having climbing roses on a trellis. Please post them! And tell all about them! Did you start them yourself? Or were they there when you moved in? What breed are they? How do you care for them? And keep them alive?

I am a garden-novice and someday I want to have some roses like yours. So spill the info! :)

Bits Of Becca said...

I love the temple and home blessings. It remindes me that I need to go to the temple this week. I havn't been in a while.