Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Great Day

Today was a very busy and ultra productive day. I love productive days when we get a lot of things checked off "the list".


We started by cleaning the garage. My car now fits in the garage (barely) for the 1st time we have lived in this house. I must say, HUGE accomplishment.


Then Tom went to give blood. He tried to get out of it saying he had gotten a tattoo in the last 6 months AND had hepatitis II but they were on to him. So sorry sweetie!


Our neighbor was having a garage sale so everything that we were getting rid of we sent down there. I made $7 bucks!! Pretty good since I didn't have to do much! (Thanks TraciƜ)


We took the kids to the park with a picnic lunch with some different neighbors then I ran Tom's car to the car wash to get it clean after Disneyland. After that the girls got in the pool for the 1st time this year. They were very excited and didn't care that it was still freezing. I worked on repairing my flower pots by the pool and get them ready for the summer heat.


Tom's brother from California was in town so we had him and his parents over for dinner which was nice. I then cleaned up the dinner mess and watched the cutest feel good movie! I love these kind of movies. They make you want to jump and and cheer.




This movie was so inspiring. I loved every second and it made me want to do better in my own little life. Here is my favorite quote from the movie along with a little dialog that just might inspire you too.

Akeelah [quoting Marianne Williamson] Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
Dr. Larabee: Does that mean anything to you?
Akeelah: I don't know.
Dr. Larabee: It's written in plain English. What does it mean?
Akeelah: That I'm not supposed to be afraid?
Dr. Larabee: Afraid of what?
Akeelah: Afraid of... me?

So what are you waiting for? Go rent this movie! You will love it!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Such a productive day--way to go!! And I loved Akeelah and the Bee too. I watched it a couple of months ago and rewound the same part that you quoted so I could hear it again. Feel good movies are the best!

Let Your Hair Down said...

cara i just sent the email again. please let me know of you don;t get it. :)

Jennifer said...

I love that movie too. Nothing like a good, triumphant movie. We really can do anything we set our minds to...

Anny said...

I am glad you had a great day. Jim started the garage and got rid of some old boxes (big ones, from our dinning room table and chairs). It does feel good to have a little more room. I haven't seen that movie but will be sure to rent it soon. I love a good movie.

crystal said...

I loved this movie, too. Thank you for posting that quote; I'd forgotten about it.

Good job on cleaning the garage! I know EXACTLY what a huge undertaking that is, because the entire left side of mine is a sty.

Lori said...

Way to get the car in the garage! That is a huge accomplishment. I'm glad you had such a good time at Disneyland.

Stace said...

Hi Cara! This is Stacy Macdonald --- Do you remember me from Play Group at Maplewood Ward? I moved to St. George last May and I saw you on Brooke's blog. Cute blog BTW. Anyhow, just wanted to say hi! I remembered you had told be about Tuacahn. It's so fun. My neighbor is going to David Cassidy there on Friday. If you want an e-vite to my blog. Send me your e-mail address to smacdonald@beyondbb.com