Monday, June 23, 2008

Old Kitchen / New Kitchen

This is my kitchen. Are you loving the forest green laminate counter tops? Well, I wasn't. It's one of the things in this house that needed a change. (there aren't many things I would like to change but this was the big one!)
And before you say anything - no - my counter tops are NOT usually this clean. See 3rd picture as to why the counters were cleared off. This is the Buffet (or crap counter as I now lovingly call it thanks to Crystal ) Notice all the "crap" on the counter (and this is a good day!)
Now here is a picture of my nice NEW kitchen. Well maybe not everything is new but notice the ugly forest green laminate counter tops are now gone and in it's place is my new granite counter tops. I think they look sooooooo much better and I have to say it is now a joy to be in here. I don't mind dishes, cooking or cleaning. (I'm sure this will wear off but for now it's bliss!) sorry I didn't take a picture of the buffet (crap counter) it looks great now too AND it's still cleaned off!
I am now in search of new lighting. Yes, once one project is done you realize that you have to change this and that and this and that. For now it's going to be lighting. Any great ideas?

19 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

ok i emailed you my fantasy fixture. i think i only found it today. i have one i am dying to have, that is cheaper, different style. I'll look it up and send it to you. maybe.

Crazymamaof6 said...

and love the counter tops! those are GORGEOUS!! lucky!

Let Your Hair Down said...

Love it! Your house is sooo cute!

Jenifer said...

Gorgeous! We want to do this as well. I bet it was hard to decide what granite to get! Your kitchen looks totally different.

Bits Of Becca said...

It looks spectacular! You did a great job. I don't know much about lighting, so I can't help you there. I'm sure it will look great.

Grandma T. said...

How long have you been scheduling this and waiting for it to get done? I haven't heard a word of anticipation or complaint. Very cool for it to just appear on your blog with you appreciating it. It is really, really pretty.

Erin said...

Love the countertops. I think they look a lot like what we chose which makes me feel better about my choice!

Kass said...

Wow! I LOVE your new countertops. It's amazing what one change will do. I wish I could have gone to your house. It looks like a cottage haven!

Tash said...

thanks for you comment. Yeah I use Photoshop on everything because I am not that great of a photographer! So I am no purist!!!!!!!!! It's all about how it looks! Anyway you said where am I? On the right side it says this is really me. Is that what you meant? I would love to change my background and I have dreamweaver but I haven't been able to use the code in blogger, so anyway but Kass I and I were gonna get together sometime call you for some tips on reworking our pages!

Lori ~ LL-K said...

I love your house!! You are so talented!! You could be a home decorator!

Janae said...

those look great!! I think that is a long off wish for me, R has the mentality if it isn't broke don't fix it...

Anny said...

Cara, Cara they look wonderful! Don't you just love them. It changes the whole look of your kitchen. Enjoy.

Dancin Queen said...

Gorgeous! I just redid my countertops this winter, and I'm loving them! I knew the day we bought the house I'd have to change them someday.

andrea j said...

Love the change! It looks great!!

jennifer said...

Kara,
Your countertops look beautiful. It must be nice to get rid of that ugly green. Your kids are so big. It has been forever since I have seen them. They are beautiful.
Jen Mehlberg

The Riggs Family said...

I love your countertops. It's such a good feeling to have change once in awhile. I am really happy for you!

Webb Family said...

How fun!!! Your kitchen looks great & I thought you already got new lighting?

steele's said...

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting! Love your new countertops--your house always looks so cute though. This blogging is really great!--makes me feel like I'm almost there! I'm an idiot for not doing it sooner. I guess resist change. Love you--Colette

Danie Rae said...

It looks so good Cara!!! I miss you girl so much!! and TOM!! Tell your girls hi as well...im sure they dont remember me ha!