Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm Back.....

Did you guess where I was?
I went HOME!!!!
And I couldn't have been happier!

Salinas, Monterey and Carmel California

is where we were!

I'm back. We had a wonderful spur-of-the-moment vay-cay to good ol' Montery Bay. Monday morning Tom and I had just woken up and I was telling him how sad I was that I didn't get to go to Cancun with my friends Anny and Kass. I wasn't sad for the trip per se because everyone knows I am not a fan of travel. (Once I get there I am fine but getting there takes a lot out of this arthritic body).

I was sad that I missed the trip because they hold a chapter of my story that no one else does. I was missing them and missing that part of my life. I was homesick you may say. There is no one back home so there is no reason to go back often. But it's still part of me. It's who I was before I moved to AZ. Normally It doesn't bother me. This is my home now. This right now is who I am. But sometimes..................I get homesick. For the place, for the memories, for the old me.


So since I have married the best husband in the world do you know what he said to me that Monday morning? "Lets go right now! I can't have my wife being homesick and sad so lets go!" And that is what we did. We got up, got the girls up, got packed and we were out the door within the hour. Isn't he just the best husband ever?! I couldn't have been blessed with better!



I am so lucky!

15 comments:

Dancin Queen said...

That is so sweet! You really are lucky!

Crystal Star said...

JOY! I love the ocean. It brings peace like nothing else.

momof3crazykids-Val said...

wow, how fun was that. You have a great guy. Is Monterey near San Francisco?

Crazymamaof6 said...

awesome hubby! taking care of you! YAY! so sweet!

THE Bridesmaid said...

I am glad you had fun and glad you're back.

Let Your Hair Down said...

How wonderful! I love the top picture the best! So cute!! Glad you were able to show your cute fam your home town. Your old house is sooooo cute-love it!

Susan said...

I have been wanting to go to Monterey since I started working at the airport! You need to take Me and my girls and be our tour guide. I love returning to childhood memories---and being able to share it with your girls, how fun. Love the sweet picture of you and your husband, what a great guy!

*Katie said...

What a fabulous, spontaneous trip! what a great husband you have!

Melody said...

What a fun idea--spontaneous vacation. It looks so beautiful, I love the ocean, too. Kind of nice to wear a sweatshirt again for a change,too Ü

Bits Of Becca said...

What a fun spontaneous trip! Those are the best ones. I remember meeting you for the first time there in Carmel through Anny and Kass. What a fun time. Seeing the pictures makes me want to go back and visit too. I love any beach, but the Carmel beach is one of my favorites:).
P.S. I wasn't able to go to Cancun either. It sounded like they had fun.

Tiffany said...

Okay, that's the funnest thing EVER!! And I love that it only took you an hour to get out the door- it takes me forever to pack!! What a fun trip!

Anny said...

Cara, I'm dying! How sweet! We missed you SO much, but I didn't want to let you know so you wouldn't feel bad. But we really did! I am glad Tom took you home, although I wish we were there too. We WILL have to all go soon and have a big reunion! I miss that beach so much, But I think I will like it better with our hubbys rather than some marine biologists! Hee Hee
I'm glad you were able to get away!
Love Ya!

steele's said...

That's so fun that you got to go back home. What a great trip! I'm glad you put on so many pics of the trip and the kids. I didn't realize how visual I am and how much I love pictures. I find myself skipping over words and heading for the pics. Maybe that's why I take pics of everything we do now? Thanks for letting Mike shack up there this past weekend! Give your kids hugs!

Stevens girl said...

That is so awesome. What a sweet hubby you have.

Jenifer said...

That looks great. Not as great as a smoky, cold tent with outhouses. But definitely a close second. :) I'm glad you could go home, sorry it was cold. Tom is a sweetie to take you so spur of the moment!