Monday, July 28, 2008

The New Look and a Schedule!

I broke down and gave the blog a face lift. It always nice to have a fresh new face wouldn't you say? I am loving the colors on this blog pack from SMJ. So summery and fun. My favorite? The little embroidered strawberry on the side tabs. They remind me of something in my Mom's sewing basket growing up.

Anyway, this week is going to be spent getting back onto a schedule. We have one week till school starts and I'm am thinking the fun needs to be over. I was so excited for school to be out and to NOT have a schedule and now I am loving the idea of having that schedule BACK! I think I am out of ideas on entertaining the littles and am ready to hand that job over to the teachers!!

So today we did our jobs - happily if you can believe it! We ran to both schools to make sure that the girls are in the system and ready to go. (they are both going to two new schools this year)
I finally got their passport pictures taken (that I was supposed to have done six months ago) and got stuff for dinner. Now all that is left is, 1. vacuum the house, 2. sweep the floors, load the dishwasher, 3. put the clean clothes away, 4. and do a clean sweep of the house before Tom gets home.

I'm sure I will be repeating this all again tomorrow but I am very happy to have a schedule!! Yipee!!!

16 comments:

onehm said...

LOVE the new look!!
FAB!!

I'll have to save my pennies so I can pick up this kit!

Crissybug said...

I love it! I need to learn how to make those cute buttons in your sidebar.

lindsey said...

what a cute look!! can't wait for friday ;)

Crazymamaof6 said...

DARLING! love the new look! and we are totally getting back on schedule too! YAY! bedtime at 8:30 this week! WHOOHOO! i should start going to be earlier too. so i can practice getting up at 7:00. :( we start the 11th.

Cindy said...

Oh my goodness - I LOVE it, Cara!! How funny - my mom had a little strawberry pin-cushion like that, too! Can you teach me how to put those cute little things on my side-bar? I'm clueless.

idahohubers said...

When you mentioned the blog re-do a few posts ago I KNEW you were going to pick this design! It is perfect and so, so cute. As Benjamin says "you are cute-ing me out"!

uniquelynat said...

yay! CUTEST new look ever!!! makes me feel sad (sort of) that my blog isn't as cute. however i will not let it get to me since i am happy with my decision to simplify. i am happy to be back on line and "seeing" all my friends again!

Dancin Queen said...

Love it! It looks so cute!

loving life with livie said...

I am REALLY lovin' the new colors! A facelift is always nice. Although, your last choice of colors were adorable, too.

Have fun with those chores. My "special day" is Saturdays. (just like the song says)

Ü

raising4boys said...

Love the new look!! Yay for schedules :)

Anny said...

Cara, It is so, so cute! I love the cherry buttons and the colors. How fun for a change!

Webb Family said...

Cara I'm lovin' your new love! I also had to double check on who's blog on was on. I'm so use to yours being pink & green. Fun new change!
I think I could use one too.
I can't wait for the schedule to back too. I hope our kiddos get the same teacher.

Jennifer said...

Looks great! I love it! AND good luck with the schedule thingy. Came quick, didn't it? !

Think Pink said...

Love your new blog look! Very cute and summery. I can't believe it is the last week of summer vacation already! Yikes! Hope you guys enjoy your new schools! Griff will miss Cassidy!

Lori said...

Very cute! I love summer, but it is nice to get back to a schedule. I think half my kids are still in their pj's and it's already 12:30 pm. Good luck to the girls in their new school!!

miscellany said...

Really cute. I need some help with changes and a few other pointers, we must meet!