Sunday, August 3, 2008

52 BP Week 31


About a month ago my assignment at church changed from Activity Day Leader (teaching the 9 year old girls twice a month at my house) to Primary Teacher (teaching the 9-10 year old boys & girls weekly at church). I have to admit I was nervous. I haven't been in primary since Tom and I were newlyweds 13 years ago. I was also nervous because I have been a sub for the other 9-10 year old class (Cassidy's class) and they were a tad......crazy. The boys - not the girls. (This is a huge understatement). Anyway, I am very impressed with my new class. They are smart, very nice and they listen quite nicely. So far we have had a great time and I really enjoy being in primary again.

So this weeks blessing is:
Primary!!
The songs they are singing in sharing time, the lessons I am teaching to the kids, trash can basketball, their sweet faces looking at me and actually listening to what I am saying. All these things are why I love my new calling as primary teacher!!!!



13 comments:

Cindy said...

You are probably one of the funnest, hippest teachers around! I bet those kids are loving having you as their new teacher!

pam said...

Primary is a mixed emotion for me. I loved it and hated it. It would probably be better with 9 year old kids instead of 3.

Lori ~ LL-K said...

I'm so happy that you like your new calling!!

Jenifer said...

I bet you are great in there! That can be a tough age to teach, but I'm sure they love you!

Webb Family said...

I have always loved Primary!
Those kiddos are so lucky to have you as their teacher.

Vidal's Nest said...

Primary is a mixed bag for me. Some days I love it and other days I just crave the adult interaction and relief society! thankfully tony team teaches with me.
I can see you being a good teacher.

honeybee said...

Glad you are loving it and I agree the other boys are a tad crazy when put together.

Bits Of Becca said...

It is always pleasant to have a primary teacher who wants to be there and loves it as well. I'm sure you will be the kind of teacher who the kids will always remember. Yes, boys are a little more wilder than girls. I had a primary class once that I had to sit boy-girl, boy-girl. Not so fair for the girls, but it sure kept things a little calmer:)

The Riggs Family said...

You are going to be wonderful Cara and we are going to miss your sweet face in RS, I am happy that you are enjoying it. I am thankful for enrichment classes because then we get to see most of you from the other organizations.

Nikki said...

Cara- i love your new look! It's darling!! So you! What a great blessing...Primary! It sounds like you're just what they needed in there.

Anny said...

That's funny! I just got called to be a primary teacher last week too. I haven't been in primary for 9 years. I thought I would be Brynn's (6 yr) teacher or Zack's(11-12 yr boys) teacher, but nope, I am the SUNBEAM teacher! I about died. It was actually not bad, other than having to take BRYNN out twice during sharing time. Great blessing and good luck, especially with those crazy boys, I have two of them.

Kass said...

Primary is the best! I admit my heart is still partly there since I was called into the RS Pres. a few months ago. I hear the primary kids singing while I'm sitting in the too quiet RS room & I just want to burst out singing with them. What lucky kids to have you as their teacher. Although how could anyone replace you as the Activity Days Leader? You are just one talented gal! Are you really coming to UT?

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Congrats on the new calling. I teach 11 turning 12 class. It's not bad.
The Primary is a great blessing to us all.