Friday, September 12, 2008

Have You Ever????

Seen a white watermelon?

I got a watermelon at Sprouts brought it home and cut it open. I have never, not ever seen a white watermelon. And I have seen a lot of watermelon in my day people.

We took it back and the manager said he had been getting quite a lot of those back. He gave us two in exchange and guess what?

One of them was white again! Good thing he gave us two!!

So can you guess what I did? I got on my cell phone and asked Cha-Cha (do you know about Cha-Cha - totally tons of fun folks - you have to meet cha-cha!)

Cha-Cha texted me back and told me that when watermelons aren't ripe they are white. Huh...did not know that. Why then have I never seen or heard of a white watermelon before?

(june 08)

7 comments:

momof3crazykids-Val said...

Never heard of Cha Cha. I'll have to start using that.

Becca said...

Never seen a white watermelon. That good to know. I haven't heard of Cha Cha either, I'll have to check into it.

Cindy said...

That thing looks just like that -- a THING! I've never seen a WHITE watermelon, either!! It looks creepy!

Tiffany said...

I've never seen a white watermelon... and I've never heard of Cha-Cha! What would we do without you keeping us all up to date?! Ü

Lori said...

That is funny about the white watermelon. I got one at Sprouts a while ago, and the same thing happened to me. I wonder what it is with that store?? I just figured it wasn't ripe, and I guess I was right. It was pretty weird to see, though. Love your nicely organized closets! Makes me want to clean out a few of mine. Someday......

Jennifer said...

Did you taste it? What does it taste like?

Katie said...

crazy weird! Never seen that before either!!