Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Howdy ♥

Yesterday and today I have spent most of my time cleaning house. I wish I could spend more time organizing instead of cleaning toilets and vacuuming. I love the feeling of a freshly organized space. When I get a minute I'm going to tackle the cupboard in the laundry room. Loads of junk in there that need to GO!

The girls happily cleaned their rooms yesterday and did a great job. I think it was because I wouldn't let them go play outside until things were tidy. It's been so nice after about 5pm. I wouldn't say it's cooled off but it isn't melting the skin off our bodies so that's a plus. Cassidy caught a frog walking home from the bus and I'm sure that was motivation to get the rooms done. Whatever works right?

I have been feeling guilty in the blogging department. I haven't had much time to blog and when I get a moment I feel like I need to update my own blog not read others blogs. This makes me sad. I love reading and learning and hearing what's going on in peoples lives. I always say, the more friends the better. I'm not much of a comment counter but my comments have dropped a lot and I think it's because I haven't been commenting on others blogs. I didn't realize how much I like comments until I haven't been getting as many. Comments are like little pats on the back that lift you up. (hint, hint♥Ü♥)
No really - I'm very sorry about the lack of blog visiting. I'll do better - I promise.

Tonight I had big plans for dinner. My favorite pasta dish - Chicken Scampi. I even have a whole pile of fresh basil, big red Roma tomatoes and beautiful lemons. Instead we are going to have omelets and homemade bread brought over from Lori. Her bread is the best and I will happily fork over my $3 to savor the goodness. Hey - maybe I'll use some of those Roma's and basil in my omelet. YUM!

I better be off to feed my family, put the freshly washed sheets back on the bed and take a bubble bath.

Toodles♥

8 comments:

momof3crazykids-Val said...

Man that chicken scampi sounds yummy. Would you share the recipe? I am always looking for new things to feed the family.
Lately I've been neglecting both posting on mine and commenting on others. I've love this google reader thingy but man it sure keeps me from actually going to the site. I need to be better and start leaving comment love on everyones blog I go to.

Kimmurs said...

You deserve a Bubble Bath ! Can't wait too see you soon.

Tiffany said...

I'm loving your cute little hearts! That bubble bath sounds good...

Oh, and Jimmy's finishing up with our garden boxes tomorrow, so I'm getting ready to plant our fall garden!! I'm so excited, but I've never done it here in Arizona... do you have any tips??

Dancin Queen said...

I haven't been a good commenter or blogger for that matter lately. Back to school busyness I guess.

I'm motivated by all your cleaning though! I need to get to work here!

Lori ~ LL-K said...

Thanks Cara...
Yum, We will be over for the Chicken Scampi tomorrow night! (Just kidding! But it does sound great!!)

Yes, I still have thing that I want to post from this summer... Where does the time go?!?

Becca said...

I know what you mean about the blogging thing. I don't have as many blogs to check, and some don't post for weeks or months, so I don't have to take too much time, but, I don't have much time to work on my blog, or our new family blog. It's hard to take time to sit and think about what to say. I have to be careful about staying up too late, so my husband doesn't get too lonley:) Thanks for your comments though. I'm excited to have lunch with you in October:)

crystal said...

Post that scampi recipe....please, please please! I've wanted to find a good one for a long time.

Your blog layout is adorable!

Anny said...

Does the cleaning and organizing ever end? I use that on my kids also, "you can play when your room is clean" It always works, they love to play! Sorry that I have been a slacker in the blogging department also. What's with us women, we CAN do it all, right!!!!