Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Truly Blessed

I did it again.
I woke up at 2 something and couldn't go back to sleep.
So I came in here sat down and guess what time it was?

2:52am

No joke!
Isn't that weird?
See here if you aren't following my madness.


Anyway I checked my e-mail which I didn't have time to do today, read a few blogs and then sat and pondered:

Blogging I have decided has endless miracles.
Endless, as in never ending.



I know I have been blessed 100 times over because of all the good I have come across in these amazing blogs I read. I have said it mare than a few times that I am a better person because of what I have learned through blogging.


Now I could be very intimidated by these amazing women who are so crafty, great Mom's, brilliant writers, spiritually enlightening, whose homes are straight out of a magazine and who can cook better than the iron chef.


But I don't look at it like that. I look at it as a way to open my friendship circle worldwide. How amazing is that?! I am so lucky.

Reading peoples blogs like The Daily Scoop who has the most powerful insights I have ever read, the auction over at Team Charlene and the family of Mr Nielson and Nie Nie. The examples they are setting. The blessings they are receiving. The world DOES have good in it! Right here in these blogs is the proof! I am so happy to be able to witness it with my own eyes. Feel the power of strangers helping strangers who are now friends/family! It has touched my heart and made me emotional all day!

I was thinking about what C Jane's (Nie Nie's sister) Mom told her after being in the hospital all day with Nie. "Remember to be grateful for the Lord every day of your life."

I have thought about this all day. Normally I don't go around being grateful for my life. I think of all the things I have to do like dishes, laundry and helping with homework none of which I really want to do let alone are grateful for.

So today I took a step back and really looked. I saw my two beautiful girls with there big happy grins, I saw my sweet little kitty laying in the sun and my handsome husband who is just plain perfect. I also saw me, being able to do everything I want to do and more thanks to modern medicine lots of faith.

Yes, I am grateful for my life. I am blessed because I have a Father in Heaven who loves me and wants me to be healthy and happy. I know that if I continue to do what I am supposed to be doing he will continue to bless me.

I'm not over the many challenges that lay ahead in my life. None of us are. We all have things that come at us that are hard. But if we can be grateful for this life and thank our Father in Heaven for it each and every day.

If we do this we will be truly blessed.

6 comments:

Mrs. Jones said...

Wow! Thanks, I needed that post. ;-)

~Heather

Becca said...

Thank you for the huge reminder to look at my life and see the blessings, not the little things that need to be done day to day.

Tiffany said...

All I can say is... Amen! I too love reading A Daily Scoop and NieNie Dialogues and CJane every day. They really do uplift me and give me that extra perspective to appreciate and be grateful for all that I have in life.

Hope you sleep better tonight!!
Tiffany├ť

Lori ~ LL-K said...

It amazes me how blogging brings people together. I too have been reading Cjane everyday. And what an amazing family they are! We are truly blessed.

Let Your Hair Down said...

I also read these blogs everyday. My mom asked why i read about sad things and I told her they don;t make me sad they make me happy and more grateful! This is why I love blogging!
ps I love the cowboy pictures!

Anny said...

Great insight Cara. It's true, fellow bloggers help remind me of what is important in life and that I can be a little better!