Sunday, November 16, 2008

52 Blessing Project

I am very behind in my little blessing project. Shame on me! All I have to do is head on over to
and find out what week we are on. She's so good and has been plugging away at this project week after week. Andrea you are my hero!

So since I am on week 38 and am supposed to be on week 45 I better get cracking.

Week 38
I am thankful for my Mother teaching me how to sew.
I don't know a lot but I know the basics and that comes in handy every once in a while. I am making aprons for Abby's party and sitting there sewing today I couldn't help but think my Mom was proud of me. I even had the girls help me with the sewing and they loved it. I hope I can pass on my Mom's passion for sewing to my girls. I don't have "passion" but maybe they will?!
Week 39
I'm thankful for "Crafty Friends."
I'm so thankful for my real life and blogging friends who inspire my creativity. I have learned so much from them and get the best ideas! Plus when we are crafty together it always lifts my spirits and I'm sure gives me tones of endorphins. Thanks to everyone and their crafting magic that is spread through the Internet for our viewing pleasure!

Week 40
I am thankful for Bubble Baths
Growing up in the Monterey Bay area it was very cool and damp. Not good for a girl suffering from arthritis. I learned early on that taking a nice hot bath in our big 1930's bathtub helped my bones and my spirits immensely. Even now no thing's better than than ending the day with a hot soak in our not-so-deep tub. It just makes me feel so much better and helps me unwind and sleep like a baby!
Week 41
Teachers
I'm so thankful for my girls teachers. I know I could never be a Home School Mom and I say if you can do it good for you but that's not for me. I am more than happy to teach my girls cooking, cleaning, gardening, a love for our Savior and the Gospel, sewing, finance, fashion, poise, grace, obedience, everyday life skills but I'm A-O-
K letting the school teachers do their job. I love Cassidy's and Abby's teachers and am so thankful they have such wonderful women who love them and watch out for them and teach them for me. Thank you to all you teachers out there! You're the best!
Week 42
I'm Thankful for FALL in Arizona
This is why I love living here. It's warm (not hot) in the day and cools off at night. You may need a light jacket if you go out after dark and that's it. The sun has changed directions and now shines in my bedroom making the room have a wonderful soft light throughout the day. My back patio is in full sun and perfect for sitting in the sun and reading or watching the kids jump on the trampoline. My garden is growing and my grass is turning a beautiful shade of green. Fall here is just plain perfect!

That's it for tonight. I have more to do but I've got to go get my chickens into bed! Night♥

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I'm only up to 38. I have LOTS of catching up too. The end of the year is just around the corner! Yikes.