Monday, December 29, 2008

Big Happie Hair

The other night Tom and I were watching T.V. and the funniest infomercial came on. I am known for loving a good infomercial now and then. This one was so funny I haven't stopped thinking about it.
Have you ever wondered how people get that bubble thing at the top of their hair or in the back of their ponytail? Well I have and I have even asked Brooke (my friend and hair girl) how they do it. I am not a creative hair person, my hair is always the same and even though I wish I could be more creative I'm just not.
When I saw this hair infomercial I was intrigued yet at the same time laughing due to it's comicalness. You can watch it here at Big Happy Hair and here on Youtube. I think the youtube one is better it gives you a tutorial (hee-hee)

Seriously - it's the 80's big hair comeback with a twist! How big can I make the bump at the back of my head? No need to worry - you get the "Hollywood Bumpit" to help with that glamorous look! I am laughing right now as I'm typing this! You also get the "Bang Bumpit" for your bangs. Why didn't I have this in High School? I would have looked a lot better!

I showed my girls the links and Cassidy said -"Mom you need that!" and patted my ponytail. See what marketing does? Speaking of marketing, I never watch HSN or QVC and last night I was sucked into watching the Dyson vacuum demo. Since I have been needing a vacuum and everyone talks about the Dyson I was intrigued. They even have them at Costco so they must be good right? (wink) Well, Tom was teasing me and telling me to buy it. It was $100 off and la,la,la sell, sell, sell. He kept teasing me and laughing then went to get his wallet. I thought he was serious so I bought it. The pressure they put on you. "This is an amazing DEAL!!! We will never have this kind of sale again!!! I can't believe how lucky you are to get this special offer!!! Oh no, only 120 left out of 1000! You better hurry and buy!!! Tom was laughing at me the whole time.

Seriously - the stinkers. Corrupting me like that! This is why I don't watch - because they reel you in. Oh well, I will be getting my new vacuum next week. I hope it's as good as they say!

Have fun watching the "Bumpit!" commercials. I think they are hilarious but secretly wish I could try one to see if it works. See? I am so easily sucked in!!!

13 comments:

Lori ~ LL-K said...

That is hilarious!! I hope you do like your new vaccume when it comes. Lucas loves watching them too. I swear... It is a very good thing that kid doesn't have a credit card! We would have "stuff" than I would know what to do with!!

momof3crazykids said...

I saw that commercial yesterday. We couldn't stop laughing. My SIL wants them bad.
As for the Dyson. I love mine!

Jenifer said...

First off, I would KILL for that lady's hair! That is the hair I've always wanted. My grandma bought me that ponytail thing once, what was it called? Where you pulled your ponytail through and had the cool look.
Let me know about the vacuum. I just discovered mine is spitting dirt OUT instead of sucking it in. And yes, I just changed the bag.

Jenifer said...

Topsy tail! That's what it was! Remember?

sara said...

i have seen the bumpit too...hilarious...and i have heard those vaccumms are amazing, i'm sure you'll love it...i think erin has one...

uniquelynat said...

HA! i saw that same commercial the other day. i wanted one of those!!! hehe but you know me and hair! :)

i could sit and watch infomercials for hours at a time!!! i LOVE them! and some of the stuff i do want but most of it is just interesting to watch. (and laugh at) and if there is something i feel i CAN'T live without- i let it go a few days and then i'm over it.....usually. until i see that dang infomercial again! haha

my s-i-l has a dyson and she LOVES it. i want one. i think you'll like it. i have heard of one person not liking theirs. i think she had a type of carpet that it didn't work too well on. tell me what you think!

Megan said...

Thank you. My life may never be the same now that I have seen bump it.
Have you seen the snugglie infomercial (the blanket with sleeves)? every time I sit to watch tv I curse the fact that I don't have one.
Make sure to review the dyson for all of us that covet them

Ros said...

K, I'll openly admit, I want bumpit hair! If I lived in Utah, I would =)

Aprilyn said...

I don't want Bumpit hair. I'm weird that way. That doesn't look comfortable to me but you would look great with it, I'm sure of it.

TheLegacyLady said...

You will LOVE your Dyson - I have had mine for four years and don't know how I lived without it - it just keeps going and going like the Energizer bunny - and that is saying something since I have five kids and a cat! Oh yes and the husband too!

Becky said...

If you really did buy a Dyson you will be so happy. They are the best vacuums. We stayed with my in-laws for a couple of months and brought our Dyson. My mother-in-law used it and became totally addicted to vacuuming. Honestly, they are amazing.

Becca said...

Darn, now you know my secret! JK. Some of the bumpit hair doesn't look too bad. The video was hilarious. Thanks for sharing. Now when I see that hairstyle, I will think of bumpit.

I always buy the cheep $35.00 vacuums from WalMart. Then when it breaks, like the expensive ones do, I don't feel like I wasted all that money. Keep me posted on how you like it. I may look into it.

Becca said...

Just a side note, did you know that Blurb (slurp your blog)doesn't work for Blogspot any more? It only works for Live Journal and TypPad What are we to do?