Sunday, December 28, 2008

Blessing #47

This week has been a very good week, so many blessings to choose from. I had a hard time deciding on only one. I guess I could have done all six that I am behind in but I don't have that much time.

So, without further ado my blessing for this week is:

Christmas

I love Christmas for many reasons:

I love how people change during the holidays. They become more aware of the people around them, more helpful, kind, giving. There aren't just strangers out there rushing from point A to point B. They become friends if only for a few weeks.

I love the spirit of Christmas. Thinking of others instead of ourselves, friend and neighbor gift giving, Christmas caroling, secret Santa s. I love going to see the Temple lights, hearing the beautiful Christmas music and bringing out Baby Jesus to set in the manger of our Nativity. Think of how peaceful our world would be if we had the spirit of Christmas all year long.

I love the feeling of Christmas. The excitement of the children, the cold winter nights, the warm clothes we get to wear. I love the Christmas tree and it's smell as I walk by, the houses with lights (even if they aren't straight) and the yummy Christmas food that we get to eat but once a year.

I know it gets hectic at times, stressful even but in the end I love it all. Every last bit of it!

1 comment:

momof3crazykids said...

Thanks for the pic of the temple lights. That is one of the things I miss most about Christmas in AZ. I was able to take my kids a few years back and they loved it. We went every year while growing up there.