Sunday, December 28, 2008

Prayer

I have a funny story that I just HAD to share. I rushed right home from church today to tell it to Tom and Cassidy who were home sick.

Today in Primary the Primary President was doing sharing time. (this is when they share a little lesson to the kids). Today she was talking about Faith and Prayer and she told this story:

There was a little girl about 8-9 years old that was always misplacing her things. She wouldn't put her stuff away so when she needed it she couldn't find it. Well one day she was looking for her wallet and couldn't find it. She searched and searched with no luck.

The Grandma of this little girl found the wallet and thought she would teach her granddaughter a lesson so she hid it under the couch cushion and waited to see what she would do.

This poor little girl was very upset and needed her wallet. After looking everywhere she went into her room, knelt down near her bed and said a prayer asking Heavenly Father to please help her find her wallet.

When she came out of her room, she went over to her Grandmother and said," Grandma, I just said a prayer asking Heavenly Father to please help me find my wallet and he said you had hid it under the couch and to give it back!"

I loved it! Heavenly Father does answer prayers, he's answered mine, he answered that little girls and he can answer yours as long as you ask and have faith.

Happy Sunday!


4 comments:

Jenifer said...

I love this story! Very cute!

sara said...

love it!

Ros said...

I love it. I still am awed at how literal Father in Heaven's answers are, when we let them be so. And, I have to say, I got your Christmas card back. =( Oh, well, just want you to know I was thinkin' of you!

Becca said...

I love the story, thanks for sharing.