Sunday, January 25, 2009

O.K. Lets start with the whining and get it over with.

My neck hurts. It's swollen and has a big red ugly scar on it. I don't have any energy and get weak after I do just about anything. This is frustrating. I hate feeling weak. Well, I am a weakling but that's different than feeling weak. My girls will tell you they are stronger than me with pride! I'm ok with that. I'm not ok with not being able to do simple things like walk to get the mail or run to the store. Lame, lame, lame.
Also, I think in the last week I have made up for NOT taking a nap in the last 10 years. Definitely made up for it since I have been sleeping more than I am awake. And one last whine-I have to take 50 million pills twice a day. I feel 80 years old. More lameness.

O.K. the complaining is over now on to the good stuff:

I have the best family, friends and neighbors. I have been brought so many yummy things I feel so special!!! Flowers, cards, soap, lotions, food - yummy, yummy food! Dinner, treats and the Aimee's famous German Chocolate Cake. Good thing it was soft. I hate a whole heck of a lot of it! Worth every calorie!

All my blogging buddies. You are all so sweet and I have loved all your positive comments. I now have e-mail on my cell phone and I get a smile each time my phone rings when I read one. It makes my day♥ Thanks just isn't enough.

My sweet husband has been papering me like I was a queen. He's very worried that my moods are going to swing up and down but so far I'm still me. I hope my moods don't start swinging- that would be some more lameness. My girls are so sweet in taking care of me. They are so happy I am home. Even if I'm not back to my old self. We did make glitter cups yesterday and that made them feel like their Mom wasn't such a bump on a log. Ü♥Ü

My MIL has been very helpful too. She has picked up the girls and helped clean the house. She even ran to CVS 3 times to get my prescriptions. I told you I had a lot of pills!

I am so grateful for everyone who has helped me, called me, brought things over to the house and hospital. I'm working on Thank You cards but in case I forget anyone - thanks a million! I loved what you did♥

6 comments:

Anny said...

Enjoy all the yummy cakes and long naps as long as you can! Knowing you, you will be back to your old self soon enough! I'm glad great people are taking care of you!

The Riggs Family said...

You are amazing Cara and whinning is Ok! Even with a little whinning you are so positive.
We love you Cara and I am so grateful that you are getting lots of rest.
I'm not contagious anymore and will be coming to see you...

Crazymamaof6 said...

napping is awesome!

live it up. major surgery.

i hate when i feel weak like that.
where a shower wipes you out, and you need a nap before you can manage to get dressed?

EXHAUSTED!

i hate to say it comes with the territory. but hopefully you'll feel better soon.
rest as much as possible!

Nikki said...

The more rest you get, the sooner the "lameness" will go away right? Give it time.

Don't feel guilty. (and you do deserve to complain a little too.... I'd think you weren't human!)

Enjoy the sleep. Your body needs what it needs. I am a firm believer that if you sleep more than you thought you needed to, you absolutely needed the extra sleep.

Enjoy the comfort of the DVR. :)

Enjoy being pampered. Heaven knows this will NOT last.

I'd say you must not be too weak if you found energy to do crafts with the kids. :)

Becca said...

Oh how I would like to take a nap for a few days. I would then not be able to take it anymore, and have to get back to work....house that it:) I have e-mail on my phone too. It always gives me a little pep-me-up through out the day when my phone beeps, and I see a comment.Ü Glad to see you are recovering, and you are having lots of help.

Stevens girl said...

Okay, so I know I'm way behind on reading blogs, but I sense that I totally missed something. I hope you're doing okay, I'm not really sure what you had surgery for. You're scar looks sort of like my scar I got from having thyroid cancer. Except mine isn't red anymore. Here's wishing you the best!