Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summer…………..

has been keeping me busy. It seems like every day is eaten up by some kind of fun. Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE FUN. However, I long for the day where I have nothing but free time. That doesn’t happen much these days. There is always something to do, kids to entertain and chores to be done. I am learning the art of selflessness – yes my kids are very spoiled this summer and I am at the bottom of the list. Stinkers.

I am in a 50’s music mood lately. Makes me believe that we are in simpler times – wearing aprons, cooking from scratch, kids being kids and no worries from all the scary stuff going on in the world. My Mom was a 50’s gal. Growing up we listened to classical and 50’s. She had a record collection that would shock you! Maybe that’s why it’s making me feel the way I do. Put your TV/Radio on the 50’s music channel it will totally change your life! I promise!

I’m trying to decide what to do when the kids go back to school. Should I go back to school too? I never thought those words would come out of my mouth. If you know me….you know I despise school. It was my least favorite thing ALL growing up. I don’t think there was one year that was a favorite. There might be a few favorite memories but none that involved actual school. Nope – school and I did not get along. This is why I am toying with the idea of….Real Estate School. That’s not really school is it? The thought of me holding that lockbox key might just be motivation enough to get me through. Can you imagine? I could go house hunting all day long and just look at houses till my feet hurt. That would be my dream come true! I wouldn’t even need any money – just dream house after dream house. Pure Bliss I Say!

I am also in the mood to decorate. I don’t see us moving anytime soon so I think I may paint the girls bathroom to look like this but in pink. I love the green though! It’s a hard choice. I got the cutest mirror to hang in their bathroom.

cute bathroom

Picture curtsey of Wild Sorbet Frame Co.

I also want to dig up all the rock in the backyard and plant, plant, plant! There is just not enough color and green back there. That rock is miserable! I want good rich dirt to dig in. I’m wondering how hard that would be? It’s not like I would waste it. I would just transfer the rock to the front yard. It needs some anyway. Yes, as soon as the weather cools down a bit I’m taking on the yard! All flowers welcome!!

Questions: What have you been doing this summer? Are you at the bottom of the list? Do you have the decorating bug? What’s on your list?

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow -- I should try your 50's music trick! Sounds like a fun way to get into a good mood while I'm cleaning the house! And I bet my kids would like it!!

Nikki said...

In light of recent events we've been playing a lot of MIchael Jackson around here. Everyone loves it from me down to the 4 year old. Does alot for our attitudes when we all agree on something. Bonding through music.
I have painting project that need to be addressed. Maybe 50s music will get me motivated?

Is that your back yard???? What a beautiful picture.

Jenifer said...

I wish I had a decorating bug, but the funds just aren't in my favor. As for school....DO IT! You would be fabulous at real estate! And you know what? Even if you never sold a house, you would never regret going back to school.