Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Utah

We went on a little trip to Utah last week.  I haven’t been in 20 years.  It was beautiful and the weather was amazing!  85 for most of the trip.  I now know why they sing that song,

oh what do you do in the summertime when all the world is green,

do you fish in a stream or lazily dream,

on the banks as the clouds go by?

Is that what you do?  So do I.

For us Arizonians it’s more like stay inside and keep your sanity while outside is hotter than hell!  Ha-ha.

We had so much fun we didn’t want to come home.  The long car ride (12 hours) didn’t 

help me want to come home either.  Here’s a quick run down of the trip:

Sunday: We left after church and drove to Page AZ.

Monday: The guys played golf while we slept in and got ready for the second leg of our trip. Then drove to Salt Lake.  Checked into our hotel and went for a walk to Temple Square and to dinner.

salt_lake

Tuesday spent the day at Temple Square.  Learn more HERE and HERE  Went through all the museums, tours and even ate lunch at the Church office building cafeteria.  The kids and the adults alike had an amazing time and we learned all kinds of fun things about Church History.

Wednesday:  We went to Lagoon.  One of the oldest amusement parks in the USA and had so much fun it’s now rated as high as Disneyland.  Yep you heard us right – Disneyland and Lagoon are in the same rating! We stayed from open to close and wish we could have gone a second day!  Oquirrh-Mountain

Thursday:  We headed to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house in South Jordon.  It was beautiful and I am hoping the Temple we are getting close to us looks like that.  We even got refreshments after the open house. Then we stopped off at Tai Pan – the guys dropped us off and took the kids to hit golf balls at the near by driving range.  I have to say that Tai Pan did not disappoint.  I have been wanting to go for YEARS and had so much fun looking at everything.  My brain was on overload but I still managed to fill my cart.  Hee-hee.  We then headed back to Temple Square do watch a new movie and do another tour that we didn’t end up getting to the 1st and 2nd day.  We even got to see the Mormon Tabernacle practice.  My Mom would have been so proud of me.  She loved them!  There is a lot to do there!

Friday: We drove up to  Park City Mountain Resort  to do the Alpine slide and other fun  things they have there.  What a beautiful place!  Everyone had a blast going down the mountain several different ways.  My favorite quote of the day was Abby who said that she didn’t want to go again on the “Coaster” because the line was too long.  Tom asked how she got through the line so fast the 1st time and she said, “Cause we cutted everybody”  NICE!!! 

I think everyday Tom had an appointment on this trip.  He’s very good about finding time to work and play.  Hopefully we can squeeze more trips in when he has to go out of state to work.  We had so much fun and the kids really did like all the things they learned about Church History.  I think when they watch conference this October it will be a whole different experience for them since they have been there.  It will make it more real to them.  I’ll have to let you know how it goes.

Thanks Mindy’s and Monica’s families we had so much fun!  A vacation without you guys just wouldn’t be the same!!!!  When you have a good thing going – don’t mess it up!  Right girls!  And thanks a million Tom for driving!  I just wouldn’t be able to drive there all alone.  You are the best! XOXO!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

I want to go to an amusement park with Abby so that we can cut and get to the front of the lines! She's my kind of gal! Gotta love that!! :o) Next time you take a 12 hour trip -- come to Colorado! We have a Six Flags here. Would that be as good as Lagoon??

The Wells Family said...

awww THANKS for the update. Your awesome...You need to come to one of our lunch dates missy....We all miss you. I am in return missionary mode, Logan comes home in 9 days.... trying to think of everything to get done before he gets home...banner made, sub ordered, dr appt, dentist appt, cell phone, car insurance, car tags, his storage bins brought back in, hangers for his clothes wow the list goes on... Okay now I am tired....Night Night

Nikki said...

Lagoon is as good as Disneyland?? Hmmm I don't know about that!
Sounds like a great trip though- you got to experience a lot!
Last fall we were out in Utah- at a BYU football game and took the kids up to Temple Square. It did make a difference to them in their General Conference viewing too.
Love a family trip that is this well rounded- spiritual, educational, and FUN!

Brandi said...

Fun times. I remember when you let me drive home from there once. Good memories.

Kass said...

Your trip sounds like a blast. I love that you spent time with the Church History stuff. It is fascinating. You have one sad little friend who didn't get to see you & the fam though!