Monday, August 17, 2009

Hungry-Girl

OK all my cybercafe and real life friends. Have you been holding out on me or do you not know about Hungry-Girl??
hungry girlI was reading a health magazine yesterday and came across an add for this book. I was bored so I went and found the web site. Go HERE to see Hungry-Girl on the web.
She has a lot and I mean a lot of yummy looking food and treats for very low calories, fat, WW points etc. Seriously people! She has renamed these little yummiest with the cutest names! I had so much fun clicking and looking! Can’t wait to make some of the treats. I think my first recipe will be the Rocky Road Fudge for only 73 cal, 1 g. of fat and 1 WW point. Yep! You read right! It won’t be the real thing but when you are over 30, the real thing just can’t happen anymore without some serious “back” side effects! Hee Hee!
Tom and I have been doing a diet together which has been a good thing. However it has made me realize a few things about myself.
1. I am a cheater. I have no will power. Tom is a rock. He’s better than me!
2. I show my love to others through food. Have you heard of the 5 Love Languages? I’m not sure if food is one of them but…..it is for me. My family comes over and I feed them. My kids come home from school and I have made them a treat.
I also realized that I am a baker. I love to bake. I love to try new recipes for muffins, brownies, cookies and cakes. I have been obsessed with the Food Network and have a whole list to try after we end this diet. I even bought the cutest cupcake book at Costco today! Hopefully I won’t gain back all the weight and inches I’ve lost. I have a plan………only make yummy treats on the weekend. Do you think it will work?

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Oo, I'll have to check that out! Ted & I are both trying to trim up. Like you I have no will power so some lite treats are in order!

Nikki said...

I hope you signed up for emails from her website. It's a great addition to your email mailbox. She's so great and entertaining!

Becca said...

Wow, I'm excited to look through it. I'm doing the WW thing too, not so well however, when school starts I'll be much better. He He.

Webb Family said...

Hungry-girl is great! Diets are so hard & I'm a cheater too. You will love hungry girl since you love to bake.
I started 5 love languages almost a year ago & still haven't finished!

Dancin Queen said...

I didn't know about it until you gave me the thumbs up. But I went to go check it out and it's great. It made me feel like I need to change all of my eating habits though. I'm disgusting.