Friday, August 14, 2009

School

schoolWe made through one week of school. The girls LOVE their teachers and I do too. Cassidy’s teacher is funny and organized and creative and perfect for her. She has a lot of friends in her class and is going to play the trumpet in band class. (help me!)

Abby’s teacher is sweet and kind and quiet and about to have a baby any minute! Abby has already made a few friends but is having a hard time going all day. Each day is better than the last and I’m sure it will take a couple of weeks for her to get used to it.

Tuesday night Miss A was crying and saying she didn’t want to go to school – “it’s so long and I miss you and I want to stay with you” is what she said. I told her that it’s boring here all day and I just do boring stuff like: laundry and cleaning and vacuuming and baking banana bread. As I am saying these I’m thinking in my mind, “uh-oh…..” right then Abby wailed “But I LOVE doing those things!” And she really does. Too bad they don’t have Home Economics in 1st grade – she would get an A+!

I told Tom last night that I survived my first week of school but don’t feel like I did anything productive. I had a lot of fun but didn’t get much crossed off my list. I guess I will have to get my own daily schedule figured out so I can shape this place up!

Cara

2 comments:

onehm said...

A little free time sounds dreamy...but how nice that A wants to stay with you too! :)

Webb Family said...

Oh I'm so sorry that she is sad! Buuy it's so sweet that is wants to stay with you all day, she will make a wonderful mama just like you when is older!!