Monday, August 24, 2009

Silence

Today I was a busy bee all day!
1.) I took the girls to school - Abby is doing much better and there were no tears!
2.) Cassidy has been sick this weekend so I sent with her a not excusing her from PE. Aren't I a nice Mommy?
3.) I went to the gym for some cardio and fat burning on my.....fat.
4.) I came home and did the dishes, the laundry, the floors.
5.) I worked on a baby present that I have been putting off but can't for much longer.
6.) I tried to find something to watch on TV to break the silence but there was just junk on every channel.
7.) I took a shower but didn't wash my hair. I know - gross - but I didn't have time to do it so it went into a pony. (plus I only wash it every few days - does that mean I'm turning into an old lady?)
8.) I went to pick up the girls from the bus, was early so I sat thinking..........

I didn't use my voice ALL day.
I didn't talk to anyone,
I didn't talk to myself,
No sound came out of my mouth until my girls got into the car.
Weird!
Seriously, is that weird?
I think it's a little weird!

Saying nothing...sometimes says the most.” Emily Dickinson

I guess I will have to work out a plan to make my silence count. Emily Dickinson must have known something that I haven't figured out yet.

5 comments:

Jenifer said...

I just realized that when I am home alone, I am still talking all day. I talk to my cats. I think THAT makes me an old lady! hahaha!

Shanna Vineyard said...

Oh girl! If ONLY!!!! LOL I'm still trying to figure out how I went from 3 kids in school all day to 7 kids in just 2yrs???? It's insanity I tell you.... insanity.

Kristi said...

Haha, you make me laugh! I recommend talking to yourself and a few inanimate objects, that's what I do! :-) And I'm with ya on the hair, who has time to do the whole deal every day?!

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

Wow, wouldn't that be a change around here. Give me a ring when ever you need to exercise your voice cords.

Anny said...

Sorry Cara- that crazy comment from Janice was just me. I'm on my mom's computer and forgot she was signed in. I'm a dork!