Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Amberly's Room

The Project
We switched the girls rooms this summer which meant getting new bedding and having to paint. Last week was the painting project. We chose a creamy color for the top, ultra pure white for all the trim and ceiling and stripes for the bottom. Remember this picture? let me tell you - this was a MUCH bigger project than I had planned on. It always is isn't it?
Instead of taping off each stripe I thought it would be easier to free hand the stripes and then measure and tape off after to paint little white stripes in between. It was easier not to have to tape up 89 stripes but when we were done I panicked!
Now I didn't want to have to tape off and paint little white narrow stripes. So what we came up with was..................
A trip to Lowes to find a better solution. And we DID!!! I thought maybe we could find some white wallpaper, cut it into strips and cover up our messy lines. They had exactly what I was looking for, they also had a lot of other neat things and I had to keep telling myself "focus Cara, focus!"
There was a lot of cutting but NO more taping and painting thank you very much. I am done painting for awhile! I will post before and after photos this weekend when the hubby can help me hang everything back up and I find curtains. Can't take an after photo without it all done to perfection! I have to say - the hard work was worth it! Abby came home from school and squealed! She was so happy and loved it! Every time I walk by her room now I have to stop and take a peek. It really is perfection!

almost done!!!

Here's a sneak peek at the finished project!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Susie said...

Oh my goodness,,,Inspiration for my Olivia's room. I LOVE the stripes. Soooo cute.

idahohubers said...

The painting looks SO good! I ran out of steam on my girl's room because we have a nasty wallpaper border to get off. We meaning me - any tips for that? Can't wait to see the end result!

Pam said...

So cute Cara!!

Anny said...

I am dying here! I can't wait to see! Hurry, hurry!

Ros said...

Darling, Cara! I love a little 3D... makes it sooo much more fun =)

Lori ~ LL-K said...

wow!! It looks wonderful!! I can't to see it when it all done!! You are amazing!!