Monday, October 5, 2009

Birthday Cake

Yesterday I attempted for the very first time making cupcakes from scratch.  I am a baker, I love to bake from scratch.  Cake/cupcakes seemed a little to…….scary.  I can say after yesterday they are not scary.  There are a few more steps than a box cake but the results are worth it! 

I made these:

Devils Food Cupcakes with Silky Smooth Ganache on top. MS devils food cupcake

 I ate three.  Then I went to the gym first thing this morning. They were worth the treadmill.

Monica made these

raspberry cheesecake cupcakesrasberry cheescake And then we loaded them up into and onto these:cupcake giftsAnd took them to our friends that

had birthdays this week. 

Some of the husbands helped by telling us (it was a secret mission) what their wives favorite cupcake was.   I don’t know about you but I would LOVE a treat made with “friendship love” on my birthday!  But more than anything I loved making these and giving them away.  I even made little cupcake tags.  “Cara Mia Cupcakes”  Monica came up with the name but I think her name should be on them too.  We’ll see if we can’t come up with something better.  Something with a C and M.  We are going to get very good at making cupcakes. I can tell♥

**Have you seen the cupcake carriers?  Monica, Mindy and I each have one and they are the best thing ever!  They hold 36 cupcakes, makes traveling so much easier.  Plus I can’t tell you how many people stop me when I have mine to ask about it.  It’s quite the fashion statement!

Also if you are thinking of giving treats for someone's birthday you can find very pretty cake stands at Home Goods.   Then add ribbon and cellophane and a fabulous birthday present is born!

I think my next cupcake to tackle will be this one: Coconut Cupcakescoconut cupcake MSWhat’s your favorite cupcake?

8 comments:

*katie* said...

yummmm, those look tasty!! great presentation:)

uniquelynat said...

oh yum! you are so talented. i want to be just like you when i grow up!!!

Erin said...

OH my goodness. Can we be best friends? And can you please bake me those chocolate cupcakes everyday for the rest of my life.

Those cupcakes would be worth miles and miles on a treadmill.

Yum.

I'll be thinking abou them the rest of the day!

Kristi said...

I love making cakes from sratch but I haven't tried cupcakes yet. These look YUMMY! But did you have to post this on the day I'm getting back on the healthy-eating wagon?!! :-)

Let Your Hair Down said...

yummy!! yOU are such a good friend! Good work!

idahohubers said...

I can almost taste these yummy treats! My favorite cupcake actually came from one of your blog posts . . . the lemon cupcake from Joes Farm Grill! YUM. It has a cute name too, but I can't remember it. Cara Mia does have Monica's name. She's the Mia! I thought you guys did that on purpose till I read on in the post :) The frosting on the last pic is gorgeous and I must now leave your blog or I'll be dreamin' about pretty cupcakes all night!

Anny said...

oh my those look good!

Becca said...

Those look so good. I haven't had a cupcake in so long I don't know what kind would be my favorite, probably something chocolate. And where did you get a cupcake holder for 36?