Saturday, December 26, 2009

Guess What????

my bike

I got a BIKE for Christmas! 

A BIKE!!!

I haven’t ridden a bike in 23 years! 

23 years!!!

I know I am repeating but this is HUGE!!! 

I am feeling so good – my arthritis is doing fabulous, my thyroid is all leveled out and I have ton’s of energy!  I haven’t felt this good since getting arthritis 23 years ago and thyroid cancer 1 year ago.  I so wish my Mom and Dad could see me ride my new  bike!  They would be so proud of me.  Heck – I’m so proud of myself!!!!!!

I told Tom that I haven’t been this excited for Christmas morning in years – years I say!!!  I even had a hard time going to sleep.  I didn’t know if I could ride the bike and I didn’t know what color the bike was but I knew if I had the chance I would make it work.  And guess what???  I rode that thing all day and I feel great!  It was so fun to ride around the neighborhood with my girls and have them look at me with big smiles on their faces.  It filled my heart!♥

And………I didn’t care if people thought my bike was dorky (I chose this kind of bike so it wouldn’t put any pressure on my joints)

but…….it’s been a HUGE hit in the ‘hood!  Everyone wants one – including all the kids!!!  Look at me being a trend setter on my new bike (wink)!  Who knew?

Anyway- come on over and I’ll let you take a test ride.  I bet after riding it you will want one too! 

I love it!  Thanks sweetie for making my wish come true♥

*more Christmas pictures coming soon*

10 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

WHOOHOO! FANCY BIKE LADY! hoe fun and you look fab on that rad bike! Merry Christmas to you!

Jenifer said...

I love it! I could hear your voice as I was reading this. So happy you got your bike and didn't forget how to ride it:) And yes, I am way jealous.

Anny said...

Yeah! Now you can participate in a triathlon with me!! :) You look fabulous on your new bike. I am glad your wish came true!

crystal said...

Oh, that bike is delicious! You look pretty on it :)

Brandi said...

I love it! You know I would totally come over and go bike riding with you with my old school banana bike I got a few years ago for Christmas. You look so cute on it too!

uniquelynat said...

i LOVE that bike! i have wanted one for a while and i think that one would suite me as well!! have fun ridin around!

honeybee said...

Love the bike. Reminds me of when I was little and a lady I knew didn't have a car but a bike like yours and rode it everywhere. It was great when we could ride in the basket. I actually added it to my long lists of wants about a year ago. Alice

Kass said...

You are adorable and the bike is so YOU! I really want a bike like that, but our hood is soooo hilly (including my driveway)it would never fly. I'm so happy you are feeling as good as you look!

Jewels In My Crown said...

I love love love it! Didn't know you had that. What a great surprise from Tom! Hope the girls do okay back in school tomorrow!

Jewels In My Crown said...

Yes, I know that this is a serious break through in my small hohum life! I know that you are beaming with pride that I have a blog up and running! I am slowing listing the collage pictures to it. They aren't great pictures, but heck at least it's somethin...