Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Big Bright Balloon on Fun Friday


Friday after school the whole neighborhood was playing outside - in our front yard, backyard and even inside our house.  I was making pretzels for the crew to snack on when I heard screaming and shouting from the backyard.  "MOM come see the BLIMP!!!!"  I didn't think anything of it until I got out there and see a hot air balloon right on the other side of our neighbors house!  WHAT???  That's not a site you see everyday.

So the kids all took off around the corner while I waited the 3 minutes for my pretzels to come out of the oven.  By the time I got on my bike, rode around the corner the balloon had landed in the greenbelt across the street.  We of course went to investigate along with 100 other friendly, nosy neighbors.  By the time I snapped a few pictures the crew was in clean-up mode.  It was interesting to watch.  They had everything down to a science.  We even got to see 3 horses and their riders ride by us while we were out.  

I don't know about you but who gets to see a hot-air balloon land in their neighborhood?  We all thought it was pretty darn cool.  The kids talked about it all weekend!  It was a "Fun Friday" for sure☻

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I am SO jealous. It is freezing here and mushy and I'm so sick of it. Off to make some pretzels...

Ros said...

I love your picture labels =) What is that is so stinkin' exciting about a hot air balloon up close? Thrilling!

Nikki said...

what a fun surprise!