Friday, June 4, 2010

It's a Sad Day Over Here.....

My camera died.
My good camera.  
My favorite camera.
 

Memorial Day I was taking pictures of all the kiddos out by the pool.  They were so cute.  I think we had 14 kids in the pool spish-splashing around.  After they got out I was taking pictures of my smallest nephew Will.  He's so cute I just couldn't help myself.  I left my camera out on the couch on the back porch.  I'm not sure why I did that.  Did I get distracted and had to get up to help someone?  I'm sure it was something small on my part but.....it got left out there.  It should have been fine but one of the sprinkler heads had gotten twisted around and decided to shoot the entire back porch with water and soak everything.  My camera was sitting on the couch with the sunbrella fabric that doesn't absorb water so it sat in a puddle all night long.  To make matters worse the camera was under a pillow - also with sunbrella fabric so the water couldn't evaporate away from the camera. 

I put it in our bucket of rice to help dry out any water that was inside the camera.  I have heard this has saved many a cell phone!  It did help it to turn on but that's about it.  It's been in the bucket for 3 days and it's still not coming back to life.

I'm not sure if you can tell but I took this picture with my little point and shoot and the picture is........lame.  Oh how I'm going to miss my good camera!

4 comments:

onehm said...

I'm so sorry.
RIP Rebel.

Here's to hoping that you can get a replacement soon!

Lauralee said...

oh that is so sad! I hope you get to get a new one soon...

*katie said...

Oh sadness, how very un-fun!

Anny said...

Such a bummer. I need to be more careful with my camera too.