Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Top 10 Tuesday

I love poking around thrift stores and antique stores.  It's one of my favorite hobbies next to gardening, reading, blogging, decorating, baking, cleaning, photography........ummm I think I may have too many hobbies.  Anyway, my neighbor told me about a new antique mall that opened up and a few weeks ago when the girls were at Grandmas I went in search of some great finds.  I do have to say it wasn't as good or as big as the Chandler one but I did find this:


It's a little Gardenview Cottage cookie jar!

I looked at it....picked it up.....put it down...walked away.....shopped some more......came back...picked it up...put it down....walked away......and at the very last minute went back to it, grabbed it and paid for it before I could change my mind.  Seriously, I don't know why I didn't just grab it right away!  I know it's a tad "grandma-ish" but I love it and it's so cute and just needed to come home with me.

Here are some things I saw that didn't need to come home with me:

ceramic pigs.......Isn't this weird?  I thought it was VERY weird! 

Cute birdhouse.  I have to know exactly what I am going to do with something before I buy it.  It's my little rule I try and follow.  I loved this but couldn't think where to put it? (not sure the blur glass jars are doing it any justice either)

This is an old chair made new again.  I ♥ that!  I am trying to bring more black into the house and this would have been cute but it was a little spendy and again I couldn't think of the exact spot to put it. 


I love a corner hutch.  The house I grew up in was a 1920's cottage and they had two of these built into the dining room.  My Mom stored her china and crystal in them.  I don't have a place here but I had to take a picture anyway.


Why are butter churns so expensive?  these are all over $100!  In fact two of them are $195 and the little one is $165!  When we had a cow and made butter I wanted one of these but could never bring myself to pay such a high price.  I resorted with the glass jar and making the kids take turns shaking it till we got butter!  (I'm so nice)

I did buy this black and white pillow.  I wish they had two so I'm on the lookout for another one.  I'm not sure how I like the new addition of black into the family room but it's growing on me.


Thanks to the antique store I got the idea to re-do our old piano bench.  I painted it and recovered the top.  Now it sits at the end of the kitchen table and it perfect for two little girls (Abby and London) to sit and color side by side like they love to do. 

I guess I only have 8 things today for Top 10 Tuesday.  Next week I'll have to be more on the ball!  Plus I still haven't posted my 12 on the 12th for August and it's September today!  I better get a move on it!

2 comments:

Erin said...

K, so where is this lovely store and how come you didn't take me with you!?!

Crazymamaof6 said...

OH i need that corner hutch. super bad. where was this place and how much?

cuteness.