Monday, November 22, 2010

Being Thankful

A few weeks ago I read THIS on one of my favorite bloggers blog.  I remember her doing the same thing last year but had forgotten all about it.  Good thing she did it this year so I could copy her and do it with my family!  Thanks Shawni (even though I'm just a lowly old blog stalker)

The Thankful Tree

We had some friends over for Family Home Evening last week and made these fun trees together as a family.  Each of the two families had a tree and then they/we cut out the leaves and wrote what we were thankful for.  We can add to it for the rest of the month.  I'm thinking this would be a great project to do at my MIL's this Thanksgiving.  Since she was a 1st grade teacher forever......I think she would love this!

This was such fun and positive experience that we will be making one of these every year.  Plus....I have a Halloween advent calendar and a Christmas advent calendar but nothing to hang on our pantry door for Thanksgiving.  This is the perfect this to decorate out boring door and remind us of what we are thankful for.

No comments: