Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Two More Days

That's all I've got.  I am starting to enter panic mode.  My Christmas cards came today so I hurried and got those addressed and stuffed and tomorrow I will mail them out.  Miss Amberly has asked two different Santa's for a gift that I knew nothing about so I'm off tomorrow to see if "Santa" can bring her what she wants.

I am trying not to feel guilt when people bring me treats and presents and I have nothing to give them.  I had to nix the friends and neighbor gifts this year.  Sorry to all my special peeps but I just can't fit it in.  I'm sending out the good love vibes to you though!  I just have to remember that it's OK to not do it all.  And this year I'm definitively not doing much of anything!  HA!  Pure survival mode with a happy smiling face is what I've got.

I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends, neighbors and family to surround ourselves with this holiday season.  My youngest brother came by today with his darling boys and we had so much fun making a present for their Mama.  My girls have been busy little bees getting things ready for my birthday tomorrow and to top it all off we ditched the stress and guilt and holiday bustle and took off for Disneyland on Sunday morning on a whim.  It was so fun to spend 72 hours with my little family...just us...no stress..no other commitments.  That's what has kept a smile on this girls face as I rush around trying to get everything done. 

So here's to hoping I manage to pull off a brilliant Christmas, make everyone's dreams come true and remember the reason for the season.  The Spirit of Christ.

Joseph, Mary and Jesus - Christ.org  watch the video!



The True Spirit of Christmas - LDS.org
“Giving, not getting, brings to full bloom the Christmas spirit,” taught President Thomas S. Monson, First Counselor in the First Presidency. The spirit of Christmas helps us become “more interested in people than things,” he said.

Teaching about the true spirit of Christmas, President Monson said, “To catch the real meaning of the ‘Spirit of Christmas,’ we need only drop the last syllable, and it becomes the ‘Spirit of Christ.’ When we have the spirit of Christmas, we remember Him whose birth we commemorate at this season of the year.”
As we turn our hearts outward, President Monson promised we will find that “opportunities to give of ourselves are indeed limitless,” but warned that “they are also perishable.”

Following the Savior will lead us to serve others, and serving others leads to knowing the Savior better. “If we are to have the very best Christmas ever, we must listen for the sound of sandaled feet. We must reach out for the Carpenter’s hand. With every step we take in His footsteps, we abandon a doubt and gain a truth. …
“One line of holy writ contains a tribute to our Lord and Savior, of whom it was said, ‘[He] went about doing good … for God was with him’ (Acts 10:38). My prayer is that at this Christmas season and all the Christmastimes to come, we may follow in His footsteps. Then each Christmas will be the best Christmas ever.”



Merry Christmas! 
Love Cara

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Love you guys!
Merry Christmas