Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Relief Society Birthday Party


I have another new job at church.  It's helping with the womens organization - Relief Society. Six times a year we put on a dinner, program and some type of service.  I get to help plan, shop and decorate...not bad eh?

Last week was the annual birthday party for the organization.  Here are some pictures of the event.

1. I couldn't find any party hats to use as decorations so I made some out of scrapbook paper and streamers.  they were so easy and turned out darling!
2.  the centerpieces were candy jars, presents, and hats or buckets with balloons.
3.  We had quotes from different Relief Society leaders past and present hung around the room for people to read.
4.  We served dinner (I didn't get a picture of the dinner table) so we set the tables for each person.  We had soup, salad and breadsticks.
5. We tried to have candy in the matching colors.  Blue candy is hard to find!
6.  Our dessert table - ice cream sundaes with all the toppings (fruit, candy, hot fudge, nuts, you name it we had it!)   It was make your own and it was good!  Crystal (my friend/neighbor made sprinkles cupcakes in 3 flavors!  Oh my.....I am going to have to get her recipe)
7.  another cute hat - love the feather.
8.  Crystal made the cute straws to match our decor.  red straws with blue flags.
9.  This was our service swap gift table.  We did a service swap where each person donated a service or an item that represented themselves.  It was a fun game and everyone went home with something.
10.  You can't see the red and white table cloths very well but all together everything looked so cute!

I've been wanting to do a party in these colors for sometime.  I borrowed the red and white striped runners then found the blue fabric at the thrift store 6 yards for $1.50.  I then cut and sewed them to match the red & white with the white pom-pom's.  They were such a hit I have already loaned them out for another birthday party.  I told the girls we are having their party's this year in these colors!  They make me so happy.


Here's some of the early birds who showed up and got in my pictures.  I hope they don't kill me for posting these!  hi Ladies - you look gorgeous!

here's some more friends - Chelsa and I trying on the party hats.  Um  nope - not a good look.


Crystal, Stephanie and I who helped get everything ready and wore colors to match.  I swear we didn't plan this at all.  It sure was funny though when we realized we matched each other and the party!

I'm so glad I can be a part of this Relief Society of women.  Here's aother short video to boost your spirits:




9 comments:

Webb Family said...

YEAH! I have been waiting for the photos. It looks great girl!

Erin said...

Super cute Cara! We are having an "unbirthday" party next month. I may have to copy your darling ideas.

AZ Smurfette said...

You did a FABULOUS job of COURSE!!

Crustacean Queen said...

Gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous! Love, love the colors! Wish you were in my ward!

Crazymamaof6 said...

Darling! Way to go Cara! It looks amazing.

onehm said...

IMPRESSIVE! Everything looks so great!

Lauralee said...

everything looks beautiful! how fun, you did great!

classic • casual • home said...

Fab party!!! Following you.
Mary Ann

classic • casual • home said...

Fab party!!! Following you.
Mary Ann