Thursday, August 4, 2011

Recipe Request- Chicken Scampi


I have been asked over and over for this recipe. 
I have also given it out over and over and it's always a hit.
It's my go-to recipe when taking dinner to someone, 
when I have company coming or when the tomatoes in the garden are ripe.  
It's good anytime of year and is our families favorite.
So get your printers ready and your grocery list next to you!


Chicken Scampi

4 chicken breasts

1/4 c. butter

1/4 c. olive oil

10 green onions

5 Roma tomatoes - sliced

2 t. minced garlic

2 t. dried basil

2 lemons

1 box bow tie pasta
salt and pepper to taste


***
Cut chicken into bite sized pieces, saute chicken in butter & garlic & onions.
Add basil and continue cooking until chicken is done.
Prepare pasta as directed on box.
In large bowl, combine cooked chicken and pasta. Toss with olive oil, add tomatoes and as much fresh basil as you like (I like a lot) and more green onions, toss again. 
Add lemon juice (again I like a lot) and toss again. (the lemons are the secret so don't leave them out)
Sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese.
Serve hot or cold. It's good either way! 
I also serve it with lemon wedges on the side if anyone wants MORE lemon! (like me Ü)

****
This is a re post from the original on Sept. 22, 2008 shown here.

2 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

Thanks cara. Loved this

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness! I WILL be making this! Thanks for posting!