DAY1 - COOKING
I love to cook. I also love to eat out but lately I have been loving my cooking more than eating out. Strange I know but it's true. It gives me a sense of pride to cook for my family and know that I have this skill. I have even started making bread. I made bread years ago but stopped when I broke my beloved kitchen-aid. Those things are not made for bread, cookies-yes, bread-no. I had to make a tough decision and cookies won. I now have a new Blend-Tec mixer that helps me make bread and cookies. It's a win-win! Bread takes practice but I'm willing to put in the effort.
Tonight I made sweet and sour chicken and rice. It was a major hit so I'm sharing the recipe so you can be MOM-OF-THE-NIGHT like me (wink).
Sweet and Sour Sauce
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. white vinegar
2/3 c. water
2 Tbsp. corn starch
4 Tbsp. ketchup
Mix all ing. together and cook till thick.
Sweet And Sour Chicken
sorry - I'm not a food photographer.
It tasted much better than it looks!
Then I cooked some chicken in a skillet with salt, pepper and some soy sauce. I I cut up the chicken into chunks, added chopped green bell peppers, chopped celery, sliced carrots, 1 can of pineapple chunks and some diced green onions. Pour sauce over skillet and mix together. Serve over rice. De-lish!Do you like my Japanese rice cooker?
It's the best thing - I love it!!
And I only use Calrose Rice - (Japanese rice)
I couldn't eat any other kind
Let's re-cap:
I love cooking and baking. I love my new mixer. I don't love making bread - yet, but I'm going to practice till I do. I loved tonight's dinner and I love that everyone loved it too. I love my rice cooker even though I can't read what it says since it's in Japanese and I love Calrose rice. Oh and I love my friend Anny and think she's so fun for doing this love week thing!
Love Week - are you in?

9 comments:
mmmm. Makes me hungry seeing homemade bread & dinner! I will be trying that recipe. Thanks!
YEAH! I LoVe that you are doing love week! The bread does look yummy! Didn't I ever try and sell you on buying a Bosch mixer? The best! But it looks like you have it down, mmmmm. I love hot bread right out of the oven! Thanks for the recipe, I am always looking for great new ideas to feed my clan. Love YOU!
I just ran to the store and got my Calrose rice! I'm making this tonight! I'm following you exactly,but I might add a few water chestnuts. Thanks for the recipe.
Later today I'm posting a new roll recipe that is SO easy and DIVINE!!!
I love the sweet and sour chicken recipe too. We just had it for dinner. YUM
And your bread is super yummy, too!! Thank you so much!! I am nervous my kitchen-aid is going to crash everytime I make bread. I think you are right, not for making bread.
Wow, that bread looks good! I need to cook more at home and eat out less...blogging isn't exactly helping me burn many calories these days. :-)
Cara, this was a hit. It was so yummy. I totally overate.
Oh, and the RICE! It was Heaven!
I got your email to late to know about the rinsing...but I do soak the rice for 30 minutes before I put it in the ricecooker. So heaven.
When I post about this I will link to you for sure!
I'm behind on the rollrecipe, but I will get it up!
K - YUM, I am so making this for my boy the asian food lover... maybe he'll serve in asia on his mission?
Post a Comment