Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday

top_ten 
10 Things About ME:
10) I always forget one thing on my list when I go to any store.  I get home and go,”UGHHHHH!!!!!” 
9)   I am a burper.  Like a man.  Loud and long.  It’s a terrible habit I learned from my Father.  His burps always sounded like he was saying “DELLLBERRRT”.  My brothers and I still laugh about that – sorry Dad.  Sunday night I was walking down the hall with my nephew Zac (who’s 4) and I burped.  I said “excuse me!  I burped!” And he said in his cute little voice without even missing a beat - “Girls who burp in front of boys are rude!”  OK then, I guess I need to curb my bad habit – I don’t want to be rude♥
8)  I hate washing my hair.  I’m a bath girl and you just can’t wash your hair in the bath.  So I usually go 3-4 days between washing.  I promise if you see me you would never know!  So let’s keep it our little secret.
7)  I wish I was a runner.  I would love to run for miles and miles and use the time to get my thoughts in order, work my heart and have my bum just melt away.  It’s a dream that will never come true in this life but I’m counting on it in the next one!
6)  I’m teaching Cassidy – who’s 11 – to do her own laundry.  I think its awesome and she thinks it’s lame. 
5)  I have long list of fun things I want to do, make and go see but feel like I can’t do anything like that unless my chores are done.  The problem – the chores are never done in time.
4)  I have to clean when no one is here.  If the family is here I feel like they should be cleaning too.  But if I’m alone I’m faster and I don’t harbor ill feelings.  So I usually just play with them and clean when they are gone – it works.
3)  I miss the ocean.  I try and get there once a year to calm my beachy soul.  When you grow up near the coast you take it for granted.  Now that I’m a desert girl I long for walks on the beach, listening to the waves and smelling the salty sea air. 
2)  I never put my purse and car keys in the same location and it drives my husband    C-R-A-Z-Y! 
1)  I hate being cold.  From Oct-May I am cold.  I love the heat and the hotter the better.  I’m weird I know but it’s true! 

There’s my Top 10.  Did you learn anything new about me? 
If you do a Top 10 list let me know I would love to read it!

9 comments:

crystal said...

I am SO with you on #4. I get grouchy when I'm cleaning and everyone else is doing their thing.

And on #7: I wish I were a runner, too. I had hit my groove right before I got pregnant, and haven't run for 2 years.

TWO. YEARS.

Ugh.

Crazymamaof6 said...

love love love it!
i didn't know you were a burper. i love you even more now. i am too.
and i harbor ill feelings too.

i wish i was a runner but alas i'm not. never have been, never will be. sigh.

love the one about the laundry. COL-you made me cackle.

your top tens lists are my fave post from you. EVER!

Susie said...

I'm with ya on 3,7 and 8. 9,,,Cracks me up. My sisters are big belchers to. My oldest Liv has picked this up and is following suit to my dismay. She can make herself burp too. Picked that one up from Daddy. Yay for me. :)

Webb Family said...

I started having Cody & Kelsey do their own laundry too, but not big fans either!
I do remember the first time I heard you burp it was on our cruise. It shocked me that something is big & loud came out of little you.
I hate being cold too and love the heat!!

Becca said...

Funny, I was just thinking it was nice to be a little chilly, so I could put some warm slippers on, sweater, and heater.
As far as the cleaning, I am so with you. I would rather clean with no one there, get it done fast, and have no mess behind me.

Christie said...

I am so with you on the beach thing - though I wasn't fortunate enough to grow up with it. But once you live by the beach? You are ruined forever.

Anny said...

You are a burper, I've heard you - ha ha! I love the ocean, hate being cold, hate to run, like to wash my hair but don't like doing it (?).

You're cute. Love getting to know you better.

Dancin Queen said...

Wow--I love your list! I hate HATE hate being cold too. That's why I should live next door to you. At least it's warmer than Ut even if it's not CA, right?

I am glad I read this post. I need to clean when my family is gone too, because I also harbor feelings of resentment. Gonna try it.

Hugs!

Mindy said...

Saying you're a burper is an understatement. It sounds like burping the baby or something. You should call yourself a belcher. You can really let one go.